mako vs x vision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIVER_11

Contributor
Reaction score
i own the x vision but for me it just leaks to much.
tried on the sherwood mako at lds and it fit better for me then any i have tried on so far.

any views on this mask

DIVER_11:
i own the x vision but for me it just leaks to much.
tried on the sherwood mako at lds and it fit better for me then any i have tried on so far.

any views on this mask

I'm also looking into possibly buying the Mako. Unfortunately I have not found one locally to try on. How did the fit compare to the X-vision? Is the skirt on the Mako smaller, deeper, wider? Thanks for your input.

I would also suggest looking at the new XVision Mid. Designed for smaller and narrow faces. This mask has the same "frame", but a new skirt. Fits really nice.

Zak OHara:
I would also suggest looking at the new XVision Mid. Designed for smaller and narrow faces. This mask has the same "frame", but a new skirt. Fits really nice.

Tried the X-vision Mid, too narow for my face. If I don't go with the Mako would probably consider the Pure Vision instead of the X-vision. Was just wondering how the X-vision compared in size to the Mako. I am assuming the skirt size of the Pure Vision is pretty close to that of the X-vision. Am I correct in that assumption?

You are correct. While at a glance they appear almost the same. I've fitted several people into the purevision when the xvision did not fit.

Zak OHara:
You are correct. While at a glance they appear almost the same. I've fitted several people into the purevision when the xvision did not fit.

I've tried the xvision and it fits great, just want a single window mask. How does the puresvision differ in fit from the xvision. Thanks.

I have both the Mako and X Vision.The most important thing about mask is the fit and not so much the brand!I've tried more expensive names but they don't fit my facial profiles,until I found the mako and X Vision.Very important to try out both mask ensuring its a perfect fit for your type of face.I have a smaller profile and both the Mako and X Vision are suitable for me.Both are very good mask.The Mako is even cheaper at Leisurepro!.

Fredi:
I have both the Mako and X Vision.The most important thing about mask is the fit and not so much the brand!I've tried more expensive names but they don't fit my facial profiles,until I found the mako and X Vision.Very important to try out both mask ensuring its a perfect fit for your type of face.I have a smaller profile and both the Mako and X Vision are suitable for me.Both are very good mask.The Mako is even cheaper at Leisurepro!.

Just remembered Oceanic makes a Mako too. Just to be clear I'm talking about the Sherwood Mako single lens.

I use the Sherwood,single lens Mako.!

I also use the Sherwood Mako, it fits me well. I have a narrow face, so it fits, seals, and clears very well for me. I tried many differents brands before buying a mask. I chose the Black mask, I spearfish, and it helps me look under ledges better (no light comming throught the sides). My wife has tried my mask, she too likes it. If it fits well, then thats half the battle there. I have nothing but good comments on this mask. I am getting another as a back up. Scott.

Back
Top Bottom