Wreck of the Hydro Atlantic Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SFLDiver3445

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Went out with my buddies Don and Jeff this weekend on Sunday to dive the Wreck of the Hydro Atlantic. This is an amazing wreck which sits off Pompano Beach in approximately 172' of water.

The wreck normally has a pretty strong current, which can make it tough to dive, however, on this day, despite the cooler air temperatures in the early morning, we were blessed with flat seas, no current and great visibility.

We anchored on the south end of the wreck, and during the 35 minute bottom time we had planned for the dive, we slowly swam the entire length of the wreck and back.

I took my camera down and snapped a few pictures, so I thought I'd post a few shots for the benefit of those who have not had the good fortune to dive this wreck, especially on a day with good conditions.

So if you ever get the chance to dive the Hydro, definitely go for it, because as evident in the pictures, it's considered by many to be the best wreck dive in the U.S. - Enjoy!

Adrian

Hydro_Atlantic_-_Jeffs_Boat_01-18-2009_086.jpg

Hydro_Atlantic_-_Jeffs_Boat_01-18-2009_063.jpg

Hydro_Atlantic_-_Jeffs_Boat_01-18-2009_060.jpg

Hydro_Atlantic_-_Jeffs_Boat_01-18-2009_015.jpg

Hydro_Atlantic_-_Jeffs_Boat_01-18-2009_027.jpg

Hydro_Atlantic_-_Jeffs_Boat_01-18-2009_051.jpg

Hydro_Atlantic_-_Jeffs_Boat_01-18-2009_080.jpg

Hydro_Atlantic_-_Jeffs_Boat_01-18-2009_067.jpg

Hydro_Atlantic_-_Jeffs_Boat_01-18-2009_038.jpg

Hydro_Atlantic_-_Jeffs_Boat_01-18-2009_091.jpg

Great stuff, Adrian. Thanks for posting the photos. Glad to see you back in the water on a regular basis again.

I did lose my bearings there for a while, but I'm back on track now!

Thanks Doug!

Great pix

Great shots. Looks like a nice wreck and some fantastic vis.

I heard the current was light on Sunday. Glad you all had a great dive. Certainly on my list of TTD.

Great pics. The Hydro Atlantic is on my TDL, maybe this summer. :palmtree: Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom