Eastern Academy of Scuba Education

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slonda828

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all,

I just wanted to pass along my experience with EASE down in Vero Beach. I attended their week long divemaster course, and we finished yesterday. I am usually pretty underwhelmed by most recreational scuba courses, but this one was pretty legit. I had to do all the watermanship skills in one day (which is a challenge) and my demonstration quality skills were worked over and over until I could produce a 4 or 5 quality skill consistently. I stayed at their privately owned house with a few other people, and it was a blast. The course directors and instructors frequently cooked meals for us, and breakfast, lunch, and dinner were included with the lodging. There is a 12 foot deep pool attached directly to the house for pool work, swimming, and skills practice. My charter to lead dives in West Palm Beach was included in the cost of the course, as were all my fills. If you have read many of my posts, you know that I am usually very critical of the quality of courses in the scuba industry. The bottom line is that this course was top notch, the two course directors and one instructor were top notch, and the facilities made learning easy. My course director has been instructing diving since I was 11 years old. I learned a lot, and I am a better DM for it. So if you need a place for IDC or DM that is affordable, well run, and staffed by genuinely intelligent people, you found it.

I second your opinion. I completed my Rescue, DM, IDC and MSDT with EASE in 2005. Staying at ScubaHouse was a blast. Phillipe Yersin and Diane Carter, the EASE Course Directors, are truly phenomenal. Their graduates always shine above the rest at the IE's.

That's where I went also. It was a great course and a lot of fun. No nonsense or just skating by when I was there. Was Lewis still there as the house supervisor? Oh, and congratulations on completing your course.

We had Phillippe and Dianne for course directors. We also had Gaylin as our house guy. We had a blast man, they made great food, the charters were fun, and we exceeded the standard. I got to hang out with an instructor from Peru, and a diver from Colombia. My dive buddy was like a genius business guy as well (I mean that literally). I'm definitely taking the IDC there later.

Thanks for the report. I'm glad to know that about EASE as I eventually want to get my instructor rating and will probably go through them as they are only 30 minutes or so from my house.

diving_emtp

Phillippe and Dianne are good people. And your right, you don't go hungry around there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom