Diving in Palm Beach Shores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G'Diddy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Brace yourselves, G'Diddy (me) is coming back to south Florida next week. This time I'm staying at Palm Beach Shores Resort. Can anyone fill me in on a good dive op to use while I'm there? :D

TIA

Jim

I like Narcosis and Little Deeper out of WPB, also Jupiter Dive Center is good, and of course, to the south in Boynton Beach Underwater Explorers is great!

I have had great experience with Jupiter Dive Center and Walkers (wetter the better)

Scuba Diving in the Palm Beach area - Walkers Dive Charters
Jupiter Dive Center, Scuba diving lessons at a PADI 5 Star facility, daily scuba diving trips in Jupiter, Florida.

I have never been out with JASA but a lot of people speak highly of the operation
Scuba Diving Palm Beach, Florida :: Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures

If it has been a while since you dove, I have found that these folks are good at watching out for divers that are new or rusty

Welcome to The Scuba Club, America's Only Country Club For Scuba Divers in West Palm Beach, FL

Rather than ask who is good, you'll get better answers by asking who to avoid.

It's been a while since I heard negative posts about any of the Palm Beach County ops.

Me personally, I like UWExplorer out of Boynton Inlet, Little Deeper out of Lake Worth Inlet, and Emerald Charters out of Jupiter Inlet. While I like all three, they are about as diverse as it gets as far the kind of diving they do, the number of divers aboard, and their level of service :)

If one is looking to do some lobster/spearfishing the Hypnautical Dive Charters is an excellent 6 passenger opertation using a very stable 30' catamaran hull. They are docked very close to the Wetter the Better Dive Charter in the Lake Park Marina. The owner spends a great deal of time scouting lobster movements via scooters during the week and identifying seldomly visited dive spots.

Hypnautical Dive Charters

Thanks folks. Walker Dive Charters look to be the closest to where I'm staying. I'm familiar with JDC so I'll most likeky use these 2.

Thanks again for your input.

Wife and I stayed at the Shores a couple years ago. Very nice place that we hope to get back to someday.

Dove with Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures one day and then the rest of the trip we were with Sandy Sunday. Felt we had better service with Sandy and she was great with certifying us for Nitrox (since we were messing up the lobster hunters surface interval because we were the only air divers..) She gave us a great deal and worked with us. Boat was pretty nice too. Not as big as Abernathy but then again there weren't as many people on it.

Valhalla lives in the area and has been on many of the boats so I would take his word on who to try out. I am hoping to go on a few dives with him the next time I can talk my wife into going over to Palm Beach. This year we are going inland and doing the tourist thing with the parks. Oly water I get to play in is the hotel pool...:depressed:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom