Fernandina Beach Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

back40

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Ya'll,
It's amazing. Diving two weekend in a row. I sure hope this is a new trend for me.
Well here's how it went. We started our first dive in 101ft of water with a bottom temp of 78 degrees. The vis was at least 50ft, we saw a cuda and a lobster but didn't have anything to catch the lobster with. The second dive was 86ft with 50ft vis and a temp of 79 deg. I haven't seen that many cudas in a long time, at least 60 in a big school. I missed a great opportunity at a 30lb cobia but that's the way it goes. The third and fourth dives were at the same sight in 73ft of water with 20ft vis and a temp of 81 deg. Saw lots of fish on the dive such as grouper, snapper, trigger fish and sheepshead. unfortunately again we had nothing to bring to the surface. I guess thats what happens when you have novice divers with you gaining some experience.
Hopefully I'll get to go again this weekend and will have another report for everyone. Until then stay as wet as you can.

nice report.... just to clarify, since your location reads Miami, are you're talking about
Fernandina Beach up near Jacksonville?

sounds like you are (the descriptions are dead on), but just wanting to make sure

Yep, I'm up north now. I tried to switch myself but was not sure how. I guess I'll have to spend some more time trying to figure it out.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom