Ft. Lauderdale Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ckharlan66

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got to dive salt water. It was great.

Went on the Lady Go Diver (Thanks for the recommendation Wreckwriter). The operation is great. I did a dive on the Queen Ann and a drift dive.

The first thing that happened was a man totally panicked when he hit the water. He bit though his mouth piece and it took the DM and the instructor that I was diving with to get him out of the water because he wouldn't calm down. My only complaint on the boat was that they let this guy do the second dive after the panic.

On the wreck they use to feed rays there so they keep coming over and nudging us for food. I also dove with an instructor so I got my deep dive done for my AOW. I also saw a large grouper.

The safety stop was interesting because there was a very strong current at about 15 feet that made us hold on to the line for all we were worth.

The drift dive was uneventful. But I was surprised when I had to end the dive because I was approaching Deco and not because I was low on air as I usually do.

It was a great trip and I recommend Lady Go Diver to anyone looking for a charter. DM Brian worked himself to death.

Chad

Rob and (especially) Bryan, always work hard to give everyone a good trip.

Think about it, if they had boated the guy that panicked, he would have had a bad trip and a lasting bad experience with diving. By helping him out and giving him a second chance, he will probably keep diving instead of quitting. You can be sure Bryan interviewed hin before allowing it.

Sometimes it's the best call to boat someone, usually not.

Tom

I agree. I don't want it to sound like I was slamming them. I really enjoyed diving with them.

Bryan was great to talk to about his BP/Wings too. I hadn't actually seen them in person before so I got to ask some questions and see how to rig them when I get mine.

It really was a great trip.

Chad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom