Monday; Stay safe stay dry guys/gals!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moneysavr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
:happywave Just a quick post to all you down in Florida as the storm hits,Be safe stay dry and hope your homes and places of work and your LDS fair thru the storm!
Good luck from Wisconsin,
and we have sent some of our electric co. line men/gals down to help out today!
Brad

Looks like our friends in South Fl are going to take a pounding. Hang on to your hat, Colin... What amazes me is how this storm has stayed on track since they made the prediction the storm was going to take a hard right and hit Florida.

It was pretty tame here in Melbourne. I heard the strongest winds here were 58 mph. Hopefully all of our friends to the south made it through OK.

I doubt that the winds got much above 30 here above Orlando. I only wish that the same could be said for South Florida.

I've heard reports from our neighbor in Marathon that the houses in our neighborhood came through ok. Her sister owns the Ranch House motel accross from the airport and she apparently had some water in it. Lots of sand on the roadways and seaweed everywhere (thats gonna smell lovely!). Hope everyone else made it through as well. I think we may still be going down for Fantasy Fest this weekend so if we do I'll update after that with pics.

Seems I'm one of the first to get back up with internet access; it's been slow recovering here. FPL has a long way to go with their corporate plan, but they've done relatively well given the size of this one.
I'm happy to report all the So. Fl. Conchs' so far are in good shape. Jenny (though she did run out of rum a little early on), Padipro, Marvel, ReneeC.....I'm sure we'll be hearing from others soon enough!

Good to see you Gals/Guys made it thru! will be down in a few weeks to dive and hope all is back in shape,
well as good as it gets!
all I need is airfills, a good dive boat,rum,icecubes,
Kids need a warm pool,
Wife a good book, Benz convertible "Red",
Brad

KBeck:
Seems I'm one of the first to get back up with internet access; it's been slow recovering here. FPL has a long way to go with their corporate plan, but they've done relatively well given the size of this one.
I'm happy to report all the So. Fl. Conchs' so far are in good shape. Jenny (though she did run out of rum a little early on), Padipro, Marvel, ReneeC.....I'm sure we'll be hearing from others soon enough!

Are you referring to access at home? We finally came back to life Friday afternoon although cable/i-net came up Thursday afternoon (generator power for a few hours provided some excellent up to date viewing of what was going on outside our area).

FPL Blew goats! They sent all the Ft Myers/Lee County trucks to Miami area leaving us to wait 2-3 days for trucks from other states to show up just to clear the debris off the power lines!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom