Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Underwater Music Festival

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Underwater Music Festival

Did anyone else go to the Underwater Music Festival at Looe Key off of Marathon in the Florida Keys? It was held on Sat. July 13th. It was well worth being a part of!!

First of all, Looe Key is a great reef to dive. Lots of sealife to see. My first dive I was greeted by 2 Beautiful Spotted Eagle Rays (my first). Followed by several sharks, a moray eel (he came all the way out of his hole to say hello....sheeeesh....he was longer than I am tall (5'6") and his head was as big as mine.....a little scary to say the least), a trumpet fish and lots of other fishes to numerous to list.

But I have to say listening to music while you are diving is quite the experience!!! It was also as if the fish were swimming (I called it dancing but my boyfriend said i was going over the edge...<snicker>) in time with the music. Very exciting!!!

I would recommend the trip highly!!!!!

Julie
    Last edited by JulieinMarco; August 1st, 2002 at 09:42 AM.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Too bad for me, I missed it. I arrived in Ma...

Too bad for me, I missed it. I arrived in Marathon on the 13th, at about 3:30 pm, after 25 hours of driving. Next year, I thinks I'll leave a day earlier!!!

Mark

You're caught up in the internet, you think it's such a great asset,
    but you're
    wrong, wrong, wrong,
    All that fiber optic gear still cannot take away the fear like an island song.....

Jimmy Buffett "Holiday"

Registered

Has not set a "status"

I See WOW!

I always kept thinking about listening to music underwater. It is pretty amazing someone actually did it and in a Festival! I was looking forward for the Underwater Pumpkin Carving competition but I guess this passes it.

How was it exactly done? I mean how did the band play and everything underwater....:google:

Is there a website with more info?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Unhappy ahhhhhhhhh

Mark

Really sorry you missed it. It was Wonderful! Leaving a day early would be in your best interest next year!! Anyway.......I think they have been having it for about 4 yrs. now (I think..) so I'm sure it will be on again next year. There were lots of boats there with divers and snorkelers "everywhere"!!!

Julie

Registered

Has not set a "status"

elfuedahttp://www.playalongathome.com/und...

elfueda

http://www.playalongathome.com/underwater/

This should give you the info you need!

And the band was amazing.......

Just joking......they have underwater speakers available i guess, this is the first I had ever hear about it so I can't really be of much help..........

Julie

Advertiser Representative

In Cayman & Cozumel next
    week..anyone else? Send me a
    message..

Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    Photos

Hi

Julie:
    Welcome to the board.
    I hope you don't mind that I moved your post over here.
    Sounds like a great time. Thanks for sharing your trip report.
    I have been to hotels ( The Hard Rock Las Vegas) that have music piped into the swimming pool underwater. This sounds ever better!
    Peace and Love,
    Please support our Banner Advertisers. They help bring ScubaBoard to you!
    www.spacecitytravel.com

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199

That's WILD!

I love that concept; so the trumpet fish was jamming with the guitar fish & the giant sea bass, eh? I'll bet the fish were dancing; I have noticed all of my pets respond to different types of music (the cutest was a very wild brown iguana who mellowed out to John Denver.) Gosh, we Californians should imitate this wonderful idea. Why should the Whiskey a-Go-Go and the Roxy corner the market on quality entertainment? Let's rock out at Shaw's Cove!
    When the going gets tough, the tough go diving.