Love West Palm Drift Diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike11

Reaction score
I just got back from a short 2 day/4 dive visit to West Palm Beach (Sat. and Sun.). I would've stayed longer, but I live close to West Palm and can go any time I want. The viz was great. It was about a 75ft viz. The first 2 dives were on a medium sized reef about 30 feet down. I saw loads of tropical fish, a lot I can't even name. I even got to see the Trans-America telephone line (which made it that much better). I saw a few small and large moray eels, reef shark, lots of interesting looking anenome, 2 barracudas, and got to see my buddy drop his weight belt (luckly at the surface, so there were no runaway ascents). Second dive on the same reef, I saw everything as mentioned above, plus I saw a sea turtle and 2 rays. The the last 2 dives were a pair of 60ft. dives on the Flower Gardens. I saw a baby moray, Harriet the moray (for those of us who know her, she was in a non-petting mood, for those of us who don't know her, she is a moray eel who will let you pet her, or bite off your finger depending on what day of the week it is), an octopus, a ray, 2 reef sharks, sea turtle, and huge schools of fish. I also saw what looked like a squid, but was probably a small trumpet-fish. The last dive (4th) was in the same spot, the only things differant I saw were a Sargent Major fish and some kind of a wrasse going after each other.

Over all the dives were pretty good. I saw loads of coral and anenome. The temp. was about 71 F. Over all the current wasn't too strong. The only bad part, was at about 38ft. there was a 68 F thermocline. I had a great time!

Mike

Mike11
I pass thru Palm Beach a few times a year on my way to the Keys. Can you recomend a dive operater in Palm Beach?

m_love

c

I went with Dive Solutions Inc. at the Riveara Beach Marina. I think for a 2 tank dive its about $42. They give you food and drinks (water, iced tea, soda, etc). If you do use Dive Solutions, ask if you can be on the boat 'Spellbound' Its the nicer of the 2 boats I have been in that they have.

Mike

I went with Dive Solutions Inc. at the Riveara Beach Marina. I think for a 2 tank dive its about $42. They give you food and drinks (water, iced tea, soda, etc). If you do use Dive Solutions, ask if you can be on the boat 'Spellbound' Its the nicer of the 2 boats I have been in that they have.

Mike

Two tanks for $42.00 is a pretty sweet deal, I hope they can stay in business with those prices.

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom