Moving to the Keys!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cubadiver

New
Reaction score
Hello to all,

Just a quick intro to get started here with more to follow soon. My family and I are getting ready to relocate to the Islamorada/Marathon, Florida area. I would like to get any information on the best "shore dives" in that area as well as other insight to the area pertaining to diving and the rules and regulations I might not be aware of. I am SSI certified and love to dive but it has been a couple of years since my last dive. I am looking forward to the forums and being a part of Scubaboard. Thanks in advance, Tracy.

:chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :smilie_ho :smilie_ho :smilie_ho welcome to Scuba Board

Hey Jason,

SAT diving.....man, if I could start my life over, it would be all about diving! Every part of it, but for now I'll dive what I can. I envy guys like you who dive that intense! Anyway, thanks for the hello and I'll try to keep everyone posted on my familys' progress in the Florida Keys!

Take care and be safe below!

Tracy

Welcome to the board and the Florida Keys. Life down here is different, but that's the price you'll pay for living in paradise. As mentioned the shore diving leaves a lot to be desired..ie non existent. The closest reef to shore is Hens & Chickens. It's about 3/4 of a mile off Islamorada from shore, but the vis is not that great most of the time. Still you'd be tuckered out trying to swim to it with dive gear. I'd take the advise above and get a boat.

Again welcome to the neighborhood and please stop in to say hi if you're around Tavernier Creek Marina.

Good Diving,

Welcome to SB cubadiver! If it's been a few years since your last dive a refresher course may be a good idea-or just hang out here!

Moving to the FL Keys? As Napoleon Dynamite would say "LUCKY!".

My uncle has a home on Key Colony Beach. Everyone has boats. If you don't have one initially, you can probably hitch a ride out to the reef with a neighbor.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

I see your post got moved to the Florida forum. :thumb:

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-011.gif

Welcome to the Keys!

You'll be needing a boat or a good friend with a boat that actually dives. Life is different down here. Where are you moving from?

Rachel

Welcome to the Keys!!!! (from someone that moved from the mid-west just over a year ago!!) If you ever get to Key Largo to do some diving and need a dive buddy--just let me know!

Pat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom