St. Andrews Jetties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennedc

Contributor
Reaction score
The fam and I are going down to Panama City on May 20 to do some diving at the jetties. Are they still dredging? How's the temp and viz been lately? Anyone been recently? There's supposed to be a good, timely high tide that day. Ya'll let me know how things have been since I haven't been since last year.

I went about 2 months ago and they weren't dredging anymore, dunno if they've moved back in since? Vis when I was there was 5-10', course visibility can go from one extreme to the other in a matter of hours in the Gulf :)

Yesterday around noon, seas were mild at St Andrews with a light current outbound (out to sea, sorry I don't know the real word.) Viz was up to 35 feet along the reef, at worst maybe 15. Surface temp 75 with a little thermocline at 30 feet, dropped to 72-73. Max depth (we went inland, against the current) 50 and averaged 35.
Quite a lovely dive, my first time diving any jetties at all. Mind the rocks!

I was at the beach between panama and mexico beach Saturday. Just hanging in the sun and surf. The water is warming up on shore it was about 73'ish I would say. The Vis however was pretty Yuck-O. They are still dredging along the coast. I am not sure if they are finished at the Jetties or not?

I dove at PCB yesterday and no they weren't dredging yesterday. Not a dredge in sight. They have however been dredging at the Destin Jetties, but dove there on Saturday and didn't see one, but also didn't crawl over the rocks to see what was on the other side either.

The dredge I think is in the Frangisca Beach and Miramar beach area (east side of Destin) right now, unless there are two of working. I saw it 'puttin' down the beach in Destin on Saturday.

Water temps on the bottom were 71-73f sunday

I saw a dredge at the Destin Jetties Saturday, it was on the beachside of the jetties on west side.

Is anyone else planning on diving the jetties this weekend who is closer to Tallahassee? I would like to dive with a couple other people and car pool, if possible!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom