Oriskany Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

truck1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone interested in diving the ex Oriskaney? we are planning a trip up to her for 3 days.Arrive on say fri,dive sat sun and return mon.2 tank per day dives probably with or thru MBT.Discounted lodging available.Days are pretty flexible.PM me for details.

I'm probably gonna be hitting it sometime mid-late Aug, going through Underwater Works(launches from Orange Beach) less I just happen to find myself on a quicker boat sooner.

Will be diving with MBT diver on the 4&5, there are 6 divers, 5 from Arkansas and 1 from Louisiana.

Click the last link for some good data and graphics. http://marinefisheries.org/ar/index.asp

I'm planning a trip late Aug.... 3 days.... driving up with boat, dive a day, driving home... hopefully with same boat. We've been talking about it for a month.

Good reference link webhead.

I wish they'd put more info on the diagram though.
Just saying the deck is 135' deep is "very general". that Deck is almost 900 feet long and over a 100 feet wide. Any "listing" of the ship in any direction by just a few percent and the depth of the deck greatly changes at the gunnels of the ship.

(of course the text before the diagram says the flight deck depth is measured at "mid island).

Oriskany_Depth.jpg

Mike_S, thank you SIR. That picture is very helpful. I am running my numbers in V-Planner, and I REALLY wish I had finished deco procedures!

I was planning for a 100ft dive, but looks like I'll need to rework for a 110ft depth. Bottom time is gonna be awfully short unless I dive my computer and do a multi-level, and bailout to tables. I'll have to run that by my dive partner and see how he feels about it.

Otherwise lookse like I'll have about 20 minutes on the bottom...

Man, what I wouldn't give for heliox for this dive! :)

I'm now looking at coming out Labor Day weekend, and would love to do my 300th dive on the Mighty O. I wonder if it's late to be booking for that holiday weekend?

I suppose all boats will want to moor on the island - looks like it could get crowded?

any help gratefully appreciated. :cowboy:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom