"PCB Chick Dive" or "Boys Have Cooties"...a dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MysteryDiveBuddy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Baydive20 and I did two dives this morning at the St. Andrews jetty with another chick diver buddy. They stayed and did a third dive after I'd had my fill. Both dives were over an hour. Exciting details regarding fish etc. to come after I gain possesion of the shower and get in a better mood. Lots of fun girls, hope to do it again soon :D

The boys had our own fun dive. Crawling into small spaces, and examing dark holes. This idea of seperating the sexes for diving has some appeal.

PerroneFord:
Crawling into small spaces, and examing dark holes.

Great "Out of Context" quote.

The boys had our own fun dive.
Excuse me. I was along. And if you don't be nice to me I'll have to reveal a certain piece of equipment you were using. :D

kchFLA:
Excuse me. I was along. And if you don't be nice to me I'll have to reveal a certain piece of equipment you were using. :D
Guess you became one of the guys.

kchFLA:

Your trim improved quite a bit since last we dived by the way :cheers:

We had out own fun out in the briney. I involved shooting barracuda, snapper & meeting inquisitive bull sharks. Too bad we were in state waters, the 1st one would have produced quite a supply of steaks :wink:

Up North it is highly unusual to have three women at the same dive site on the same day and unheard of that they'd be diving together so this was a big treat for me since I am very tired of hearing people (of the male persuasion) waxing poetic about brand new balanced Halcyon p-valves and new dive lights bright enough to blind every fish in the Atlantic and signal the space shuttle while it's in orbit.

Anyway here's a partial list of what we saw:
Well we were in search of octopus but the only wild octopus we encountered was mine that decided to freeflow at the end of the second dive...
yellow tang
blue tang
other surgeonfish species TBD
black sea bass
flounder
a small stingray the size of a salad plate
bucktoothed parrot fish
blue angelfish
assorted snappers, lots of 2" mahoganys (I think) and greys around 8" schooling
striped mullet
a few small gag (I think)
sheepshead
sea cucumbers, at least two species
Lots of arrow crabs, one with eggs
spotfin butterfly fish
foureye butterfly fish
cocoa damselfish-it has been neat to watch the cocoa damsels "grow up" all spring and summer. Now they are almost full-sized and will soon be getting thier adult coloration I think
needlefish
remora

More fish when I go through my ID books more thoroughly...

Despite the inconsistent vis. at this jetty I'd say it was one of my favorite spots because it always has the most and nicest fish. We had about 20' visibility yesterday and that was more than enough for good fish watching.

MysteryDiveBuddy:
Up North it is highly unusual to have three women at the same dive site on the same day and unheard of that they'd be diving together ....
Sounds like you had a good time. We did a beach dive yesterday and there were 3 women and three men. I commented that us women are not the majority for once!

Great dives MDB!!!! Us chick divers need to get together more often. See we don't need no stinkin mens to have a good time!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom