Beach dive, Friday, November 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I'm an optimist. These winds simply can't go on forever!!

So, who else has the day off from work on Friday and would like to make a morning beach dive or two? I'm flexible as to location as long as the parking isn't a hassle.

Come to think of it, Thursday night is also a strong possibility!!!

Enrique why are you :( when you have a boat dive? :)

Let's all just hope these winds die down!!! My butt got handed to me on a platter yesterday while attempting to ride my bike club's Century. I fully intended to do 100 miles, but instead I only did 100 kilometers (62-1/2 miles). It was a killer. I'm learning that most folks made the same decision I made.

Wind wind go away!!!

Hey Debby,

I might be up for a dive on Friday, I'll have to see how things look as the week goes on, but I wouldn't turn down a chance to go blow bubbles. :)

Michael, I hope you can join me!! Will Vino be certified by then? It would be great to have her swim along!

Debby- I'd start waxing my surfboard if'in I were you! Or you can do what I do, a dive reel works pretty good for flying a kite on the beach. It is pretty tought to reel in if the winds are in the 20mph range though and a nice heavy Penn reel works good then, since it has the gear ratio working for you.

I need to learn to surf.. then I would be like.. "Yippeee 12' waves and 25 MPH out of the east... **DUDE**

maybe KiteBoarding... although I'd probably slip a disk... luckily I am not at the Break a Hip age yet..

Eric, I'm very aware of the current wind conditions, I rode my bicycle club's century in it yesterday. My butt got kicked so bad that I had to bail out of the 100-mile Century and I only completed the 100-kilometer Century (62.5 miles).

However, they are predicting for it to lay down by Friday and if it does, I'm diving, with or without you!! I'm hoping the winds got the lobsters all agitated and that they will be wandering around going "what the heck???"

Actually, it looks like it would be better on Thursday at this point.

Tuesday Night
Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.
Wednesday
South winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Chance of showers and slight chance of thunderstorms.
Wednesday Night
Southwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Chance of showers.
Thursday
Northwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Slight chance of showers.
Thursday Night
Northwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Isolated showers.
Friday
Northwest winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop.

When the winds are out of the west, it is usually flat calm at the beach. Let's keep our fingers and fins crossed!!

Yep, west winds, or anything with west in it = flat seas (for the most part).

Debbie, I just realized I'm off on Friday. If you don't pick an extremely southern location (like Hollywood), I might just join in. How 'bout Vista Park? I'm not bringing my scooter, so if Debby is the only diver....hmmmmmm I dunno.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom