Lower Keys in Dec.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kosh

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about heading down to the lower keys for nearly a week in early to mid December. I was wondering about exposure protection. Is 3 mm enough? I dove Looe Key many moons ago (after getting my OW) and it seems like I rented a 5 mm suit in early January. I am hoping I can get by on my 3 mm suit (don't really want to have to rent again).

Also, anybody out there have experience with Jim Wyatt's Reef Divers out of Cudjoe Key? Sillygrendel, if you are out there, it seems like I read on the board somewhere you did your OW/AOW with them. What was your experience with them?

Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks.
:eek:ut:
Daryl

Kosh,we normally do a coupla weeks in the lower Keys around new years.Temps are variable with gulfside waters in the 60s and oceanside in the 70s .NOAAs website has temps available real time and archived.Most are accurate but some are taken to shallow to reflect the areas predominant temps.Be aware prices go out the roof during this peak season and crowds abound onshore.The ocean is relatively open tho.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom