Florida Keys water temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cduffey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone give a current report on the water temp for the Keys ? We're headed to Key West next week and plan to drive up the Keys for a day of diving.

cduffey once bubbled...
Can anyone give a current report on the water temp for the Keys ? We're headed to Key West next week and plan to drive up the Keys for a day of diving.

High 70s.

Last Saturday I dove in Key Largo with Atlantis Divers. The air temp was about 75F and the water temp 77F.

Have a good trip!

If memory serves me right (and thats not too often...)
Here is a link to the water temp info from the NOAA buoy on Molasses Reef...
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.phtml?$station=mlrf1
I am going down there first weekend of December for some warm water fun!!!!

Thanks...Jean

I will be diving the Spiegel Grove tomorrow. I hope to get in a cruise down Molasses reef Sunday. Will report air and bottom temps, although mine won't be alot diffrent than what has already been reported. :tree: Bob

:tribute:
"TO THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR ALL"

I did dive the "Grove" Saturday. The air temp was 78F and at 106' in the Landing Dock Bay, the water temp was a remarkably warm 77F. Later in the afternoon the Captain anchored the Blue Water Diver over the Bentwood. The air temp was practically the same, however there was some cold water stirin' on the Bentwood. I checked the water temp at 75F @ 38' Two degrees doesn't sound like much, but I was ready to surface after 45 minutes. Had plenty of air, just ran out of warm! :tease: Around 5PM on the trip back to the Marina, my computer caught the OAT@ 74F. BTW, the seas were flat, the winds were light and the current on the Grove and Bentwood were nil.

I would like to tell everyone about Blue Water Divers at MM100 in Key Largo. These guys aren't a big operation, but they run a nice dive op. They're divers and are very knowledgeable about the sites that you will be diving. KeyLargoBrent gives a very thorough briefing, and I found the dive sites and conditions to be just as he said. There was only three divers on the boat and that made for a very enjoyable afternoon of diving. Check these guys out, I don't think you'll be dissapointed. :tree:Bob.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom