Dive Boynton, Saturday 12th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KBeck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
All-

I'm headed out on scubakevdm's new charter out of Boynton on the Saturday PM trip. He has a few spots left open and I'd love to dive with some fellow conchs....anyone like to join?

He says the viz is getting better by the minute, and the seas are supposed to lay down to 2 feet or less.....

His website: Underwater Explorers. The contact number is 561-577-3326.

Hope to see a Conch or two there!

Krista,

Let us know how everything goes.

I'm hoping to get down that way to dive the following weekend - the interminable youth soccer season will end (for me anyway) this weekend.

I checked out the UE web site, but didn't see a schedule - for those of us that can't walk there, that info would be helpful. :wink:

have fun! post a trip report!

As promised, in summary version:

It was a perfect day of diving. Not too hot topside, not too cold below. We had just four divers onboard.....what a wonderful feeling not to be crowded and squished. I must make a small correction: Kevin defines himself as the DM of the charter, and another nice (and quite cute) business partner is the official captain. Sadly, I can't recall his name at this second. He gave us perfect drops all day, however. And, better, Kevin gets to be in full DM mode and join us for both dives in the water, not solely crewing topside. Awesome.

First dive was one of my favorite wrecks, the Castor, where a good half dozen to a dozen Goliath Grouper were happily congregated. We had the run of the wreck, and with just 4 divers, the Groupers didn't disappear in fear of the invasion, but stayed out and about for remote viewing.
I got lucky wandering in the sand and spotted my very first Nudibranch, which I'm told, and my Paul Humann book confirms, was a Florida Regal Sea Goddess. Woo-hoo. I've never seen any in Florida, though I'm sure they're more common than I realized.

Second dive was on the great reef, Gazebo. All Boynton reefs are great, and Kevin lead and I followed waaaaaay behind with a second flag.

It was simply great getting back in the water after too much work and millions of other issues.

And, best of all, upon returning to the dock, de-boarding was a snap.....when you're not fighting off 20 other divers to get your gear off the boat and loaded, it's great.

The Boynton CRA (Community Redevelopment Agency) also has "ownership" (?) of a number of parking spaces in the garage under the new condos right in front of the marina, so no more fighting for finding parking in the marina, and free at that. Can't beat that with a stick.!

And, as always, my usual question, when's the next dive?

Krista,

Great report, I love the Castor wreck but I haven't dove her since the hurricane pushed her 100 yds. fwd, leaving a cool trail when she passed across the bottom.

Next Sunday morning (5/20), we're doing some recreational drift dives with Capt. Oliver on the Avid Diver (a huge six-pack) out of Pompano.

Brian-

the good Hidey-holes are still there...I'm getting more adventurous as I gain more experience. :) Haven't quite gotten the guts to hit the engine room......but....someday.........

And I know Avid Diver, though, oddly, in all these, years, I haven't managed to get out with them. Soon. Thanks for the tip... :) Ya gotta try to come up this way from time to time too.....

Thanks Krista. We just did those dives a couple of weeks ago. Very nice indeed :)

KBeck:
Brian-

the good didey-holes are still there...I'm getting more adventurous as I gain more experience.

And I know Avid Diver, though, oddly, in all these, years, I haven't managed to get out with them. Soon. Thanks for the tip... :) Ya gotta try to come up this way from time to time too.....

I do, I do :)
I'm usually on Starfish Enterprize out of Boynton and Narcosis up in PB.
I'd definitely be willing to give Kevin's new op a try but I have to say, I disliked his former boss to the point I wouldn't go out with them again :11: It's good to see he broke away.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom