Ft. Myers Beach Pier Clean-up October 6 (new date)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SharkBaite

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
For those of you that may be interested, I am starting the organization process for a beach pier clean up in Ft. Myers.

I need at this time anyone interested in doing this event. Lee County Parks is providing workmans comp insurance, but I would ask that everyone who plans to attend have DAN insurance. This will be a LOW vis dive and will pose some serious hazards as a clean-up has not been done and noone knows the condition, advanced divers only unless you have documented dives in your log book for LOW vis/ or LOW vis training.

Also needed is volunteers for topside support on the pier and also on the beach.
Anyone having a boat in the area to help keep an eye on divers and to provide a safety net for our divers. I will be trying to get either USCG or Sherriffs Marine unit there as well.

The date of the event and meetings are TBD and I will let everyone interested know as more details come up.

Send me a PM if you have any questions.

Hey, that sounds interesting! Please post more info as it becomes available. I'd bring my kayak over if that would be of some assistance.

Your more than welcome to come along, I have missed you at each gathering maybe this time we can actually say Hi LOL

I'm interested in this. I don't know if Zech will be up to it yet (we'll see how he does in Key Largo next weekend), but I'm definately interested.

You help us, we help you. I am there.. or at least willing to plan on attending!

Ya'll have done great on this coast over the years helping clean up the Pompano Pier, it is only right we return the honor!

I now work for the Fort Myers Beach Fire District. I may be able to give you some help getting support in the form of the USCG or Sheriff. Maybe. I can personally help in other ways.

I will send a PM with my work info.

Joe

Can you get the Pier CLOSED to fishing for the cleanup? Don't know how this would work with the pier open.

Lee County owns and maintains the Pier not the Town of Fort Myers Beach.

Maybe Lee County could mark off some parking spots for unloading & loading at Lynn Hall Memorial Park.

http://www.ecotrail.com/lynn_hall.htm

I am on my Nekton trip from Sept 15 to Oct 3, 2007.

Hey, I guess I'm in by proxie eh? :lol:

Joe, your work for the fire disctrict?! I used to vollie there a few years back.. some of the ole fellers may still remember me.. like Zippy :)

Trwmodela:
Can you get the Pier CLOSED to fishing for the cleanup? Don't know how this would work with the pier open.

Trust me, we get it closed :wink:

depending on the day I am interested.I might have a few other people who might be able to help

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom