Diving in Cocoa Beach, FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LobsterOfJustice

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I will be making a trip to Cocoa beach this spring break (first week of march), I would like to get a dive in. Can anyone recommend a shop or location for me to look at? I am particularly interested in coral reefs.

cocoa is a bit north for true coral reefs ... you want to head down to Jupiter at least for corals

the reefs off cocoa are about 20 nm out (?) or so ... and i don't believe there are charters that go off that far

i am not sure about dive ops in the area, but to the north, Daytona offers some nice limestone ledge diving (teeming with colder-water life and some tropicals) and to the south, Jupiter is really the place closest to you to go for coral diving

this is just a quick summary from memory; i am not a local

There are no dive charter boats operating out of Cocoa Beach. Reefs are about 20miles off shore in 85ft to 140ft of water. Private boats dive these area a lot mainly to spear fish....Not too much sight seeing

There are shallow reefs for some really nice beach diving 40 to 80 south of Cocoa Beach...but they usually don't clear up till the summer months.

Your almost sure bet for great reef diving is to travel south to the West Palm/Ft Lauderdale areas. Depending on what you schedule is you can come along with me on a trip to those areas...Take a lot of small classes that way...check my website out... Cocoa Beach Scuba Odyssey
be updating it this week.

Joe

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom