Need Good Dives This Time of Year Near Orlando - and CHEAP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Jay

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone have any good ideas for dives in the Orlando area that are good this time of year?

I'm just looking for some decent dives for a bunch of broke college kids within a few hours of Orlando. Perhaps a beach dive? Is viz going to stink? I was just at Boynton Beach last weekend and dropped $65 on a charter dive....I can't afford to do this every weekend! I think a dive under $30 or a beach dive is in order whilst I recuperate. East coat, west coast, who cares?! - as long as it's within 2 - 2 1/2 hrs drive and costs less.

Some sites I've been to:
Devil's Den, Blue Grotto, Ginnie Springs.

I'd like to stray away from the springs and look at a little more than just rocks :D

you might want to try beach diving in vero. its' only about an hour away form O-town. I havent' yet made dives there, the one time i was there the surf was a little too much.
hth,
Rice;-0

Blue Heron Bridge in WPB is a great dive and its free! I mapped the dive for a project if you want to meet sometime I can go over it with you. I've seen a better variety of marine life under that bridge than I have on some of the reefs off shore there.

Consider Blue Springs Orange City. It's another spring, but I still like going there. The water is a toasty 72 degrees and because it's a state park, it's only $5 to get in!

There is good Beach diving anywhere from Sebastian Inlet to Ft Pierce Inlet. Only problem its usually pretty murky until summer. If the winds have been calm for few days and the seas flat (check the Canaveral buoy) give it a try. When you get there don't bother suiting up if can't see a distintive reef outline.

I would opt with Wendy's suggestion until May.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom