Official Ginnie Springs Megadive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPSEAWOLF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Pending verification and reservation of site...

It's that time of year for the Spring Megadive!
Chosen dates are Fri-Sat, April 11-13
Turkey Roost Group Campsite Next to the Old Devil's Pavilion

See The official page of Ginnie Springs Outdoors, in High Springs Florida. Visit our online shop for great deals on dive gear and accessories. for more info on Ginnie's rates and location.

Scuba Diving Fees
Open-Water Certified Divers $30.00
Certified Cave Divers (certified "Full" Cave Divers or Equivalent) $22.00
Annual Dive Pass $330.00
*Prices are per day and do not include Florida sales tax. Prices are subject to change without notice. Air fills are available at the Dive Center.

Checkout times:1/2 hour before sunset on your last day.
Reminder: Campers entering the park before 8:00 a.m. will be charged for the previous night's camping.

CAMPING PRICES
Adults ( 10% discount to seniors 62+) $18.00
Children (ages7-14years) $ 6.00
Children (6 years and under) Free
Electricity and water hookup (per site per night) $ 7.00
Camping prices are per person per night.

General Admission (Daily) 8AM- 1/2 hour before sunset
Adults (10% discount to seniors 62+) $12.00
Children (Ages 7-14) $3.00
Children (Ages 6 and Under) Free

Thanks, Ken. I was just popping in to start this thread, you saved me the trouble.

I will give Ginnie a call, hopefully tommorow, and get the dates reserved. I also plan on renting the pavilion, so as to be able to control the crowds that surround us a little better.

GREAT NEWS IT'S OFFICIAL

Mods could we please get this a sticky and also add it to the calendar.

Ok for those who may not have attended previous MegaDives.

Who is invited ?
EVERYONE !!!!! We love to meet new people so don't be shy !!!!
We have enough room for an Army to campout. Even if you can only make for Saturday we would love to meet you.

What is MegaDive ?
MegaDive is 3 days of camping and diving with a community dinner on Saturday before the Galaxy dive.

What type of diving ?
There will be dives of all skill level going on all day and night.
We have folks doing OW,sunrise dive, cave diving, Drift diving the river if clear enough, Galaxy in the ballroom at night ( this is not to be missed). For those who have never been to Ginnie springs the cavern is OW cert and there will be plenty of buddies. It does not matter if your newly certified or long time pro there is something here for everyone.

Is this Roughing it Camping ?
NO There are REAL bathrooms with HOT shower near the campsite and country store for any thing you might have forgotten.

Are kids welcome ?
YES !!!! This is a FAMILY FRIENDLY event and everyone helps to keep an eye on all the kids. There is plenty to do for kids and non divers alike.

Evening time is spent around the campfire so don't forget your chairs. There is no telling what may happen around the campfire. Andy singing with buttercups, grass skirt antics, marshmallow gun fights , Jean dancing is just a few of thing we have seen in the past. If you have a guitar and like to sing BRING IT. The campfire is a place to catch up with old friends and make new ones.
Oh yeah we roast marshmallows and make smores sometimes also.

Breakfast ?
Is done community style with omelets in a bag. I know it sounds strange but everyone loves it and just watching is fun.

Ken, We will bring 18 hambugers and buns, baked beans and all our normal stuff to contribute to the the community dinner and breakfasts.

I will definitely be there. I also have some extra gear if anyone needs to borrow some.

What a coincidence... I have plans (tentative) to be there on the same weekend. I'll try to stop by for at least a few dives.

I hope I can make it this year :wink: My son loves to come to Ginnie :wink:

I'm planning on being there Saturday and Sunday. This will be my first Megadive. It sounds like it will be interesting. How do the community dinner and breakfasts work?

i got post 8!!!!!!

I'm planning on being there Saturday and Sunday. This will be my first Megadive. It sounds like it will be interesting. How do the community dinner and breakfasts work?

Community Dinner is where everyone brings something like a side dish, chips, soda or hamburgers, hot dogs,desert or paper plates, condiments or ketchup and such. We always end up with way more food than we can eat.

Breakfast is done pretty much the same way
Things like shredded cheese, eggs, peppers, tomatoes or what ever you would like in an omelet. Or if you prefer cinnamon rolls and such, some folks bring cereal.

Hope this answers your question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom