Need Help....$300 for 4 days/3 nights in the Keys - Good Deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Jay

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok....I just got the opportunity to go to the keys for around $300 for hotel and diving.

We'd have our own boat to use, which is included in the price. Which means all day divin'!

So what I'm askin' you guys, is....is this a great deal? I guess I should be considering in the grand scheme of things that I'll regret not going, since I've never been to the keys before. Plus we've got our own boat, so unrestricted diving. But what about the spring breakers? Do they interfere with diving a lot? The trip would be during spring break (March 17-20). But can I really go to the keys again for this price? I also have to take into consideration the 8hr. drive from Orlando, which will cut into the 1st and last days.

:confused: :question: :help:

Well, I don't know too much about the accomodations just yet. I'm thinking it won't be anything too spectacular, since it will be spring break.

I guess it's just a debate over whether to go now, or save up for a vacation in Cozumel or Bahamas, or something like that this summer.

BTW - anyone have any experiences with these all-inclusive (or any other for that matter) dive packages you see in some of these dive magazines? Looks like they normally include 2-tank boat dives/day, plus "unlimited shore diving".

Just curious if anyone has done these and could recommend a place to go for a week maybe for a decent price.

Our dive club (Orlando) did a full week in Cozumel the first week of September, 2001 (The week prior to 9/11).

I was quite pleased with the trip. Air/ food (3 meals/day) and 5 days of morning diving were included + unlimited shore.

Total price, 999/pp (+tips). Even during the off season, It's hard to beat that!

The food was very good, we never went away hungry but we were never allowed to stuff ourselves either.

This was at Scuba Club Cozumel, which usually gets a very high rating from the magazines.

$300 for the whole 4 days? Sounds too good to be true to me, considering hotels in season down in KL are from $100/night and up. Definately read the small print before you do it, and pay by credit card. Hope it works out. You'll love the keys.

Thomas

What part of the keys is this trip in? All the shore diving you can do? I didn't think that the shore diving in the keys was supposed to be all that good, unless you like looking at turtle grass.

Also some of the dives like some of the wrecks in the keys require advanced cert. And the reefs I dived were kinda on the shallow side (25' range).

Personally I would save my money and go some where outside the US, but its your call. You can find some cheap flights to other places. Like I flew to Belize for $550 roudn trip and had a room that was $30 a night on the beach, food and other stuff was cheap. Whole trip for 10 days cost me less than $1000.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom