Looking for 60cf of calm water for some testing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanus

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
OOPS not 60cf, but 60'x60'x60' or larger

A friend of mine called looking for a place to run some tests/experiments

• 60' x 60' x 60' cube (or more) of unobstructed water (fresh or salt)
  • minimal current
  • the equipment needs to be fixed in place while data is collected
  • on site power is a big plus, but they have a generator

I mentioned the 40 Fathom Grotto and Hudson Grotto, but promised to ask here

Thanks in advance...

I haven't seen it yet...but you could pm Becky aka speargirl, she has a quarry for diving in the Keys just north of Marathon and I believe it goes to 60'.

You'd think that they could get 60 cubic feet from almost any swimming pool - it's 3 x 5 x 4 of water - so there must be something missing from the spec.

All the best, James

Actually it was supposed to be 60' x 60' x 60' or larger... not 60cf (this is why I try not to post late at night)

Technically, you're looking for 216,000 cf.

Kinda... it's the dimensions not the volume that are important ... each side must be a minimum of 60' and the 'space' must be unobstructed, a 2 mile hose won't work (even if it held 216,000 cf)

I realize this is an unusual topic, thanks for the help. Please post locations that may work, anything in the Southeast with reasonable access rules

So did you pm speargirl about her quarry? It should meet your requirements, if you're willing to go to the middle Keys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom