Key West Dive Shop Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlr

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking to go to Key West for the first time this summer. Any recommendations out there on which dive shop to use. Thinking of using Southpoint? Would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks!

I've use Southpoint and was very pleased with them.

Cheers,
Lilla

I've use Southpoint and was very pleased with them.

Cheers,
Lilla

Yep, Southpoint was very good. Went out with them last April. Only problem was that the head (bathroom) on the boat was broken down. Two days of two tank dives was $311 for two divers.

I live in Key West and go out with Dive Key West. They are a safe operation, will take your gear to the boat, and are centrally located. You can buy a dive pass and save money. It's a buy the two tank dives and give a fourth free. So you get 8 dives for the price of 6. Here's their link: Dive Key West

Looking to go to Key West for the first time this summer. Any recommendations out there on which dive shop to use. Thinking of using Southpoint? Would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks!

The only diveshop you should use is Southpoint Divers in Key West, best boat, good rates , very professional crew and great location in old town. I wouldn't even bother with the other shops on the island.

I went into Dive Key West once, found the owner to be less than friendly and a know it all. You'd think he invented the activity. I won't bother going back. Southpoint is fine and I've also gone out with SubTropic. I prefer the diving further up the keys myself actually although I live in Key west.

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience with Dive Key West. I would chose Southpoint over Subtropic. Anyhow, have a good time in Key West.

Captains corner is a good op.

Captains corner is a good op.

I'll concur with that! I've only used them when in KW and they always treated me great! (Leslie, the owner, is wonderful to do business with, she always finds room for me, even if I just show up 5 minutes before they go out!!!)

I have heard that their boat was out of the water for repairs...so I'm not sure of their current disposition. Give them a call...you won't go wrong.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. We can't wait to get there next month!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom