Clearwater Diving this Sat. - Want some info and need to get wet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Jay

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got back from snorkeling today....and reminds me how much I miss diving....for God's sake, it's almost been a month :eek:.

Okay, I was thinking about heading over to Clearwater area this Saturday - March 22 - and I looked up a few dive charters:
Giant Stride Charters
Dive Clearwater
Tanks-A-Lot Charters

So...anyone have an recommendations on those three...or maybe others that would take 2 divers at the last minute? I was kinda looking for an afternoon dive...and for a decent price.

Anyone else who wants to go (or would help me set a dive up :D) is welcome to come!

P.S. - I was going to head over to Daytona/New Smyrna, but stinkin' E-divers filled up the SeaDogs boat....grrrr....:eek:ut:.

Might try Aquatic Obsessions (727) 344-dive, 2 tank custom trip $64, only need 2 divers to go, you can choose the dive site.

rusty

Sorry, can't give any recommendations good or bad, on the operators you listed.

Jay,
I've been out with both. Capt. Jeff, at Giant Stride is a nice guy and I think you'll like him. He used to sail out of Marker One Marina, but I'm not sure about that now. I haven't been out with him in a year or so. Dive Clearwater is a nice op also. Nice boat and nice guys to dive with. Easy to find and easier to get to than Giant Stride.. They usually stick to shallow easy dives. So there you go. I think you'll enjoy either one. :tree: Bob

Well, as it looks...all the charters on the east and west coast are getting skiddish over the weather. The only one that would accomodate was Aquatic Obsessions, but it was a smaller boat and I didn't want to take the chance.

We might divert up to Ginnie Springs or something. That's really the only one I can think of at the last minute...unless there are some others besides Crystal River, Devil's Den and Blue Grotto that I'm missing :rolleyes:.

Any more ideas...or anyone want to come :D!

*edit*...

Ok...looks like we're heading over to Ginnie Springs. I'm thinking we'll meet there at around 11:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.

Send me a PM if you want more info! Maybe we can all pay as a group and take advantages of discounts!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom