Dive shop recommendations in Pensacola, FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zimm

Registered
Reaction score
I'm moving to Pensacola, Florida next month and I'll be hunting for a new dive shop. I'm mostly interested in great service and knowlegable people with a technical oriented mindset. I'll be needing O2 cleaning/VIPs for my tanks as well as EAN32/36 fills and also annual reg servicing hopefully at great prices. Any recommendations/experieces to share?

Hey Zimm-

I have to plug my LDS here- Gulf Coast Dive Pros, locaed on HWY.98 just past Naval Hospital. We are a full service shop, and in my opinion, the best in the area. We are a SCUBAPRO and APEKS dealer, we have a full serivce repair facility, and we have a great fill station with banked Nitrox and a Haskel pump for O2 and Trimix. Many of the staff (myself included- I am a staff instructor) are cave and tech divers. Though we don't "push" the tech stuff, it is there for anyone who is interested, and it is certainly the direction that mostof the staff goes. If we dont stock something you need, we are happy to order it for you. I'm in Pensacola myself, and have been living and diving here most of my life, so if you have questions about the local area please feel free to ask.

Zimm,

Dive Pros is the only way to go. And I'm not an employee, contractor, etc...I've been using them since they opened. I'll also extend an offer to answer any questions you may have. So please don't hesitate to ask.

chickdiver:
Hey Zimm-

I have to plug my LDS here- Gulf Coast Dive Pros, locaed on HWY.98 just past Naval Hospital. We are a full service shop, and in my opinion, the best in the area. We are a SCUBAPRO and APEKS dealer, we have a full serivce repair facility, and we have a great fill station with banked Nitrox and a Haskel pump for O2 and Trimix. Many of the staff (myself included- I am a staff instructor) are cave and tech divers. Though we don't "push" the tech stuff, it is there for anyone who is interested, and it is certainly the direction that mostof the staff goes. If we dont stock something you need, we are happy to order it for you. I'm in Pensacola myself, and have been living and diving here most of my life, so if you have questions about the local area please feel free to ask.

I will have to come check you guys out (big on Scubapro). I will be down in Pensacola quite a bit for the next few months doing some work for Network Telephone. I plan on doing plenty of diving while in the area. BTW, I checked out your website. I too did my Bachelor's at Auburn and I got my MBA from Troy. War Eagle!

zimm/Jeep - when you get out this way, shoot me a line if you want to get in on some beach dives.

I've always been happy getting fills from both Dive Pros and MBT, can't say I've gotten much more from em. The staff at both seem knowledgable and friendly for what its worth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom