misc small gear questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FallenMatt

Reaction score
I might have posted this in one of the proper "Gear" areas on scubaboard but hell, i am lazy, less typing and i might get lucky and get actually some relevant answers (? :) ) Ie.,Places nearby to go to get some stuff.

so here it goes:
1. i happen to have oceanmaster titanium knife, 4.5 inch blade. Yes, i know it is way too big for diving but i have a slight knife fetish :) I would like to put it on my backplate harness in the place where usually the canister light goes (i don't have a light and need tomething to route the 7ft hose under). Unfortunatelly this thing doesn't have slots for 2 inch webbing. SO question... how would i mount it on a webbing? zip ties? black magic ?

manufacturer's web page (i have the blunt tip one)

2. where can i get some 1 inch or 3/4 inch or 1/2 inch webbing ? i just need a piece of it to attach to my "safety sausage" to store it in backplate's "storage pack" .. i need enough length to have bolt snap on one side (attahced to butt D-ring) and sausage on the other side, deep enough in the storage pack so it doesn't fall off...

3. where can i get some bungiee for necklace and for replacing wrist strap on my dive computer? short of driving to High Springs and buying it myself in Extreme Exposure ? preferably somewhere around orlando ?

4. anybody interested in buying slightly used mares dragonfly aria, integrated weights BC ? :D .. sigh... ebay is such a pain :)

Stupidly large, of course. Back when I didn't have a holster, I kept my wreck shears attached by sliding them through a length of inner tube. Worked great.

See http://www.reefscuba.com/ for webbing and bungee.

As for the BC, no.

Me and Dr. Jay are planning a gear party to sort out you guys gear sometime next week before we head down to Boynton for that dive. I'm working on getting some bungee and cave line, might stop by the bike shop to get some inner tubing as well if we need some.

As far as the necklace bungee, why don't you call EE or Brownie's and see if they can mail you one, they have them already made in the store.

Wendy has a good point. I bought my necklace from EE back when I started diving.

If you have access to someone else's necklace, they are really easy to duplicate.

Peter Doege

thanks for the response...

unfortunatelly i was looking for something like "go to the store X in orlando, they will have it"

cause i am going diving this saturday and right now my rig is half-assembled. SO i am certainly looking like undecided wannabe serious diver

(imagine backplate, wings, 7 foot hose and leg strapped bigass knife, mares-made octo holder clipped to the d-ring etc...) sigh..

I should kick myself cause i WAS in EE two weeks ago or so and i didn't buy the necklace then (yes, i saw them, i witnessed Dr. Jat buying them but... didn't do it myself.. i didn't imagine that i will switch to 7-footer so soon (bad Dr. Jay, he mad eme do it! :D )

Wendy, i will try to attend "gear party" so you can poke fun at my setup :)

PS. you would think that with a city of size of orlando there must be enough divers around to support store the type of EE right here, so i don't have to drive 200 miles to get $12 necklace :D

Nautilus Divers has bungee and they know how to make necklaces.

It is run by a big 'ol loony caver by the name of Kenny. Rich and Brian are also really good.

Check out http://www.nautilusscuba.com/
(407)696-6449

If you contact them, use the phone line. Email response times are sub-optimal.

Peter

Home Depot carries 1/8" bungee, they just don't know it.
Joubert
"Canopy tarp ties"
UPC#40328 35010 Part # JB3V430
These come 10 to a "jar" with about 24" of 1/8" black bungee on each one.

I paid about $5 for the "jar"

I still haven't worked out what to do with the little plastic orange balls though.

They also carry small soft webbing as "cargo straps", but they usually aren't black. OTOH below about 40' the red ones look black.

FT

FallenMatt once bubbled...
i happen to have oceanmaster titanium knife, 4.5 inch blade. Yes, i know it is way too big for diving
Diving?
What kind of diving?
It may be too big for a cave, but it's definitely too small for dispatching a big AJ.
Someone's been feedin' ye some bad info... too big indeed...
--------------------
For a necklace I use a piece of surgical tubing and a rubber band cut from a bicycle innertube - the innertube provides a "breakaway" too.
Rick

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom