Shore Dive, Ft Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

juicer

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be vacationing in Ft Lauderdale 10/3-10/09 and was hoping to do some shore diving in the mornings. Any recommendations or anyone else looking for a dive partner?

Thanks,
Mark

Well sure, just remind us a week before you get here. You'll get a lot of takers, but it's too early for people to commit.

Lauderdale by the sea is a good place for shore diving, 2 nice reefs not too far off shore. Just take the Commercial Blvd exit from 95 and head east, there's a dive shop on the corner across the street from the beach for all your tank/equipment needs.

There's also the "pompano dropoff" which can be done as a shore dive , but it is a bit more of a swim (about 30min) to the dropoff (marked by white buoys), but it is a bit nicer than Lauderdale in my opinion.

Just north of Sunrise Boulevard is really nice. I also like diving off Dania Beach, you either have to dive from the extreme south end of it or north of the pier...north of the pier you can dive the famous Erojacks. There is also good diving off Hollywood Beach, it is only limited by where you can park. NOTE: on any beach dive secure your valuables out of sight to prevent car break-ins.

There's also the "pompano dropoff" which can be done as a shore dive , but it is a bit more of a swim (about 30min) to the dropoff (marked by white buoys), but it is a bit nicer than Lauderdale in my opinion.

I concur. I've only done one other shore dive ouside of the drop off since I first started in Pompano. I'm finding I like the inner reef (depending where you are) there better than LBTS also. I've been finding large coral stacks and last week came across a ger large field of live staghorn coral. Both my buddy and I were very surprise that we have never come across it before.

Is anyone planning on a shore dive this weekend in the Ft Lauderdale area? I will be arriving late Friday night. I can also dive in the morning next week.

Some folks are diving S.E. 8th Street in Pompano on Sunday at 11.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom