Hump Back Sunrise Dive 7/9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dive for week of 7/9 will be at Hollywood Beach. Arrive at 7:30 or before. We will be diving the rock pile off of Johnson Street.
Take 95 to Hollywood Blvd east. Take A1A north to Indiana St. Make a right and go to the end. Take a left down the alley 2 blocks. You will see parking right in front of you. The few spaces to the right are the closest walking distance so those are the ones I am gonna try to get.
Don't forget to bring quarters for the meters and a flag.
Mike, Marvel, Scott- see ya then.
Mike don't forget the pineapple, and if I still have fresh mangos, I'll bring some. yum!

After the sucess of this dive, the inagural team of me, Scott, Mike and Marvel have decided to make this a weekly event. Thus the Hump Day Sunrise Dive is born!

If you guys don't mind some company, we've got 3 from Toronto and 1 from Cleveland who'd love to join you. All I have to do is make sure the rest of the crew are awake in the wee hours!
Neil

I'll be there! This time I hope Scott brings a computer - Marvel wants one and maybe he'll leave it behind lol

Yes, I'll remember the pineapple and LOTS of quarters this time.

Are booties required for the hike to the water or is barefoot ok?

3 from Toronto and 1 from Cleveland
Yeah Yeah! Great.
Posting on the board is the reason for all to join us! The more the merrier!
Bring a flag and quarters. Meters are .25/15 minutes. Figure at least 1 1/2 hours.

MikeJacobs once bubbled...
I'll be there! This time I hope Scott brings a computer - Marvel wants one and maybe he'll leave it behind lol

ROFLMAO! no comments, laughing too hard!
Are booties required for the hike to the water or is barefoot ok?
Booties are not required. Walk is accross the boradwalk- pavement of 20 feet or so, then sand to the ocean.

We'll be getting a flag/float Sunday afternoon. Where is the closest/best shop for tank/wt belt rentals?

By the way - we're leaving the dry suits home - no worries about 50F water where you guys are!

Really looking forward to diving with y'all
Neil

I go to Coastal Marine Diving Supplies
641 E. Dania Beach Blvd
954-923-2388.
The shop is not fancy, but Ed the owner, and Mike (when he's there) are locals who have been around forever. They are very knowlegable of the area, and the equipment is good. The shop is just a mile inland of the beach.
There aren't any (that I know of in the Hollywood area) dive shops on the beach.

If you have skins, bring them. There is some fire coral.
Water temps are 84.

Thanks for the info. We'll be diving in 3mm jump suits or shorties. I'll warn the rest of the guys about the fire coral.

bigz once bubbled...
If you guys don't mind some company, we've got 3 from Toronto and 1 from Cleveland who'd love to join you. All I have to do is make sure the rest of the crew are awake in the wee hours!
Neil

Hey BigZ! Mind giving me a lift, I'm just an hour or so west of toronto! :eek:ut:

I really have to get down there for one of these wendsday dives, sounds like you guys are having a blast!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom