Hump DAY Sunrise Dive 7/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Buddies:
Dive for July 16 will be North Commerical Pier. We meet at 7:30, (that's AM not PM) in the parking lot north of the pier. Anybody interested?

The last two HumpDay dives have been simply awesome with loads and loads of interesting critters. Because it is a work day, these dives are designed to be easy beach dives and get you to work (just a little late).

Please join us!
Jenny

Excellent, Jenny! I'm there, but we may miss Marvel on this one... we'll see. :(

Scuba School at A1A & Oakland Park is giving us humpday divers 2-for-1 tanks. Rent one, get the next one free. Must be back by noon that morning (or therabouts).

It was clear enough on last night's shore dive that I think I'll even bring my camera this time.

Who's bringing the fruit this time, Jenny? Last time we had waaaay too much lol.

scuba_jenny once bubbled...
Hi Buddies:
Dive for July 16 will be North Commerical Pier.

Cool! Mike & I dove the south side last night! I dasn't speak for Mike :wink: but I will be there.... unless I have to go to Spring Hill for the birth of my latest grandson......Think I should take my dive gear along when I go?Naw, guess not.

Jen, who's bringing the fruit this time? I have a new titanium pineapple cutter, and it will do mangos as well. What's the plan? Are you bringing this time or shall I?

Aaagghhhh.... post dive fruit...

You can bring the fruit. Surprise us. That way you can break in your new titanium pinapple cutter!

I will bring some fruit for Sundays Dive- cantalope (without a pear) unless of course the strawberries are on sale again!

Just realized that Marvel and I have only missed three days diving in the last two weeks since she was certified.

Can't tell you how beat I feel... we're looking forward to a day or two off but then Wednesday morning we'll be back at it!

Best yet, this dive will be our first "free" tanks from Scuba School. Free is good lol.

I would be intersted in coming down for one of your hump day dives and have a chance to meet some of the members from this board. What city do you usually dive in? What time do you usually start and end the diving to head home? How many divers usually go? What are the reefs like (depth and vis)? Have a great day.

What city do you usually dive in?
We dive the Ft. Lauderdale Area. This weeks dive is North Ft. Lauderdale, next week will probably be Hollywood.
What time do you usually start and end the diving to head home?
We arrive at 7:30 AM, get in, dive, get out, eat fruit, go to work. You should be able to make it to work by 10 am or shortly thereafter.
How many divers usually go?
Just a few actually show up, but I am sure a lot more wish their schedules would allow them to dive.
What are the reefs like (depth and vis)?
The reefs are low profile, first reef line. Depths are to maybe 22 feet and the vis is completely dependent on the wind. We have had good vis, we have had not so good vis, BUT we always have had a good dive!
Have a great day.
And a good day to you!
Join Us, we would love to have ya!

Sorry we missed you guys on the 9th! Didn't get back from Key Largho until nearly 10PM on Tuesday and the number you gave me, Jenny, was some office with a very grumpy lady answering (several times). Besides, I don't think we could have gotten tanks and weights at 6:30 AM! The Keys were great - 3-5 footers notwithstanding. Unfortuneatly, a few of the others got a bit green out there. Thanks to Mike for the Scuba School suggestion. Bill was very helpful - he even called down to Key Largo for us and got us set up with Island Ventures for Tuesday's dive.

Maybe next time?!!! You guys keep up the hump day dives - I'll be up north staying very jealous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom