Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick a Springs dive!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Help me pick a Springs dive!

My family and I will be leaving on a two week dive vacation to Florida in August. We would like to get some advice on which springs to dive as we may only have the time for one or two dives before heading to the Keys. Can anyone recommend any do not miss dives? Thanks!

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos

Where exactly will you be near? I'd say Ginni...

Where exactly will you be near? I'd say Ginnie, Blue Grotto, Royal, Troy, Devils Den are your best bets. They are all around the Williston, BRanford, High Springs area.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

We'll be coming in from the northwest part of...

We'll be coming in from the northwest part of the state and then cutting through the middle. First stop is Ft. Lauderdale, then down to the keys.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Ginnie Springs

If you will be traveling on I-75 I'd go to Ginnie Springs. And if you plan on diving while in the keys, I'd do your spring diving on your way back home, the fresh water dive is a good way to rinse your gear.

www.ginniespringsoutdoors.com
    Wendy
    Dive safe and educated

Registered

Has not set a "status"

[QUOTE][i]Wendy once bubbled... [/i][B]If y...

Wendy once bubbled...
    I'd do your spring diving on your way back home, the fresh water dive is a good way to rinse your gear.
    I thought that is what the hotel pool was for.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."- Ernest Hemmingway

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos

Ok, NW florida, your only real spring dive is...

Ok, NW florida, your only real spring dive is Vortex Spring, and "real" is really pushing it. Its very fake, but OK to dive. It has water coming from the spring anyway. Same stuff above for the central florida springs.

Solo Diver

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199

Ginnie

Make the trip to Ginnie. It's a do-not-miss dive. You won't regret it.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    50 - 99

Ginnie is the place to go. Lots to see and d...

Ginnie is the place to go. Lots to see and do for families, especially if not everyone dives. If you all dive, then even better.

HTH,

ScubaBoard Enthusiast

Has not set a "status"

Once again, I agree with Wendy on the springs...

Once again, I agree with Wendy on the springs she mentioned.

And, I agree with Kurt for the "family fun" of Ginnie. There is inexpensive lodging and a great old fashion diner for good food there too. Plus one of my favorite dive shops.

Blue grotto is really cool but it can really all be done in one dive. Although my best find was in the Grotto. A man's SS ring with a wave design on it. Go figure. I found it and gave it to SJ. It was engraved on the inside with Blue Grotto and the date. It was pretty cool.

For sheer coolness factor there's Devil's Den. An abosolutely amazing place. Beware of the cave wasps. I took off my glove on the platform after the dive and got stung on the hand and it hurt like he!!. We don't talk about it that much because SJ got a little jealous when that DIR "hunk" came to my rescue. (Honestly, he only gave me some ointment for bee stings but... Anyway, we don't talk about that.) Right honey. He had a nice dive setup. Cool truck... oh I'm drifting. OK back to topic. LOL

Go to Ginnie you'll (the family will) love it. R

DISCLOSURE WARNING! Contents contained in my posts may be witty, intellectual, intriguing, playful, educable, fun-loving, brass, or even offensive. I apologize in advance if the later two apply. Feel free to respond with a witty, intellectual, intriguing, playful, educating, fun-loving manner; or simply ignore. R "Come get wet with us."

NA

Has not set a "status"

Ginnie,...are you kidding?

It's hard to burn one tank on all three springs put together without getting board. It's a nothing missed if missed spring.

Spring dives are springs dives. Don't listen to these out of state dive shop tyoes that only come down to watch their students clear their masks.

I live 7 miles from Vortex. It's a fun dive, cavern, cave, tunnels, under water bell large basin, camping go carts lots of fish and eels. Night diving etc. I have dove it a lot. I have not dove it in years as I do not like the she dog that runs the place,..and it is expensive. www.vortexspring.com. I enjoy Morrison call Dennis my last time there I was run over by a very large gator,..you won't see them at the commercial springs

St Andrews jetties and Shell island are good.

Will be hitting Mills Pond Spring run today and Jetties/Shell Isalnd Sunday.

You can see everything one one tank at the Grotto and Den combined.
    http://www.geocities.com/krisl_1999/bumper_sticker.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast