'Lauderdale shore dive map...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I know I have seen one, I believe we picked it up at a travel place in Lauderdale by the Sea, however, I cannot find one online anywhere. I'm thinking about digitizing it and making it available via web so anyone interested in diving the shore line can pick a spot and do it. I wouldn't mind doing WPB, Miami, etc.. or any place else for that matter. It would be nice to have that info out for people. Thoughts?

Well I know I'd be all over that.

I have "Diving Locations: Boynton Inlet to Dania Pier" which is all offshore sites, but I KNOW I've seen a beach dive version. It's by Ray McAllister and McAllister Marine Publishing Company (try an internet search maybe?) The offshore book is very good, the beach book may be as well...

It was at Force E in Pompano. I don't recall seeing it an any of the smaller shops, but it probably is. I've never seen it online.

Hope you find something.

-Joe

I am starring at Beach Diving and Snorkeling Locations, Hollywood to Jupiter Inlet. Fish Enterprises, 1999, 6932 Palmar Ct, Boca Raton, FL 334433 (561) 393-8987, Authors: Joe Kuntx, Susan Fish, and Dr. Ray Mcallister.
I got it from Coastal Marine Diving Supply on Dania Bch Blvd in Dania.
Same format as the dive locations one.

Dr Ray also has a shore dive book. "Beach Diving and Snorkeling Locations" Hollywood to Jupiter. I use it all the time.

Coastal Diving on Dania Beach Blvd carries it.

It's copyrighted and distributed by:
Fish Enterprises
6932 Palmar Ct
Boca Raton, FL 33433.

I should have typed faste

I should have typed faster
Well now everybody can copy their choice!
Glad somebody thinks like me! LOL!

Coastal Diving on Dania Beach Blvd carries it.
And we go to the same dive shop!

Dive shop/museum , Ed's been around diving awhile, I hope I'm that spry when I'm 88. He's still humping tanks in and out of the bath.

I like the area, there's some nice beach diving. I usually head out whenever it's flat and vis is good.

Books and local resources are good and such when your actually in the location, but for someone who isn't around there isn't much reference. I've searched and searched, but there isn't anything really up about it.

Personally, I think its easier when your able to plan it out before you get some place, i.e. I've seen a few posts on the net about diving in Venice and bad luck and not knowing where to go and park.. Maybe I'm old school 'net and see only a few bounderies with information sharing (i.e. give credit where its due), especially when everyone around will benefit from it. Thats why I want to have a page up regarding places to go..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom