South Florida diving..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oren413

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I finally made it down to Florida. My grandma only live here in the winter so i've got her place in Boca Raton to live in for the next couple weeks. It was a hell of a drive down here but i had fun.

Anyway, tell me where to dive! I've got a couple local friends here who dive only for lobster which i went and did today and had a sh!load of fun. I did only have my DIN and have to go a buy a new yoke thing, but it was well worth it.

Anyway, i've got the next couple weeks and want to do some diving in all south florida. i've got my car, so heading down to the keys for a couple days is also in my plans. I'm interested in any diving which is includes technical if anyone else is interested

Also, in this area we've got a boat and our own tanks if anyone has any personal recommendations.

Please let me know all the good dive spots and if anyone out there is looking for a buddy let me know !

thanks

this is a really cool forum. thanks for all the helpful replies!

but really. thank u to the one person who sent me a pm at least.

see ya scubaboard. weak ****

this is a really cool forum. thanks for all the helpful replies!

but really. thank u to the one person who sent me a pm at least.

Its only been about 24 hours since your first post - and a lot of the "regular" posters have been busy this week w/ lobster miniseason. No need to get "chippy"

You also could have used the "Search" function (which should probably be eliminated since so few actually use it) and be prepared for hours of reading as this is a frequently asked topic.

Still - in the interest of assisting, I'll make some recommendations:

You are in the area for some of the best diving in Florida - Palm Beach County

In Boynton/Delray www.diveboyntonbeach.com/ - the owner Kevin Metz is superb to dive with

In Jupiter - which has some of the best diving anywhere www.jupiterdivecenter.com/ also superb

In the Keys, I highly recommend HMS Minnow in Key Largo

Hope this helps and welcome to the board

Don't forget to hit Blue Heron Bridge and Lauderdale by the Sea for some of the best shore diving in the country

Please let me know all the good dive spots!
Um, there are so many, do you want us to write a book? It's already in print...Amazon.com: Diving Guide to Underwater Florida, 11th Edition (9781878348395): Ned DeLoach: Books

Wow, how very rude. Well, I saw your request for "all the good dive spots" but I was too exhausted from diving mini-season, so I didn't reply. It's less work for you to use the search feature than it is for one of us to do a typing exercise.

There are an incredible number of awesome divers in this area, sorry that you don't fit in. Lucky for you that you already have your local friends.

i see

i actually went with a friend for the mini season and snarred some lobster is was fun.

im gna do the blue heron bridge hopefully cuz i've been seeing it mentioned all over the forum..

and i'll check out the palm beach area..

and sorry if 24 hours after a post seems like a lot to me. iguess im used to my car forums.

Sorry you had to deal with the above people. Normally SB people don't waste their time telling people that they don't want to tell people about the search function. Anyways, Key Largo has some real good diving and most, if not all, of the capt's in Key Largo are really good. Their all about the same exact price and go to the same exact locations. Blue Heron Bridge is supposed to have the best shore diving in FL along with Boynton Beach. Try searching on the FL Conch Divers part of the forum if you haven't already. I have gotten a lot of info from there. Also, try going to divespots.com and click on boca raton. There are a few spots there. Good Luck, duder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom