Lauderdale by the Sea shore dive 1/13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

murdrcycle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking for someone to do a few shore dives with during my visit. I will be available during the day (until around 3 or so) on 1/13. Let me know if you are interested.

OK - we are getting closer to my visit. Is anyone interested in doing any shore dive on 1/13? I am open to the Blue Heron Bridge as well.

I'll go along with Debby on this one...the Gold Coast Meetup Group schedules shore dives almost daily at LBTS. Most of us in the group won't sign up for a shore dive until the date gets close enough that we can have some idea what surf conditions will be like...usually about 5 days ahead. I'm pretty sure that conditions permitting, you'll have no problem buddying up through them - it's just too early to get a firm commitment.

Also, I note on their calendar for that day that they have a 7:30 pm dive set for the SeaTech Ledges in Dania Beach - another excellent shore dive.

BHB has high tide on that day at around 8:30 am, so figure on entering around 8:00 am or so if you go there. It's a long shot, but I might be able to get the morning off work to dive with you at BHB. Can I get back to you next week? You can PM me if you want.

If the weather conditions and your schedule line up, you could do BHB in the morning, catch lunch and a fill, dive LBTS midday, refill and get a quick dinner, and have plenty of time to go on the night dive at SeaTech Ledges...all for the cost of three fills and feeding the parking meters at two locations (BHB parking is free). IMHO that's not a bad day's diving. Again, as the date gets closer you'll probably get other folks to buddy up through the group.

Figure on water temps being between 65 and 70. Most local divers I meet are wearing 5mil wetsuits this time of year. Many are wearing hoods.

Same for me .... too early but BHB is a possibility. It's 28 degrees in my bakyard today (in Vero Beach) so I'm really not thinking much about diving today. But, by mid January who knows ...

Thanks all - I am free on Thursday 1/13, but have to be back to my hotel by around 4. I would like to do any type of shore dive available, be it Blue Heron or LBTS or both. I am going on a boat dive on Friday morning, although I haven't yet committed to a particular dive op yet.

Also, Thanks for the info on Gold Coast Scuba and they look like a great group. I have visited their meetup site a number of times, but if there is a way to post on there without paying $30, I can't find it. I understand that they have to make a living, but I am only going to be in this area once in my life and can't see ever using that site again.

To all three of you - if you want to get together please let me know. If you are available I will send you a PM with my info & contact number and we can make plans.

Give them a call then, their number is on the link.

Murdrcycle,

I just spoke to Steve at Gold Coast. At my request he's posting a 9am dive at LBTS on January 13th. I'm signed up plus one guest (that's you) and we may or may not have other divers with us from the group.

I'lll meet you at the shop around 8:30. Bring your C-card. You won't need to pay any fee for the meetup group. PM me with your info.

Keep in mind that the weather can still cause a dive to cancel, but we have BHB as a backup plan. We'll know more as the date approaches.

Steve also asked me to tell everyone that:

a.) The meetup group has a ten day free trial.

b.) They encourage and welcome out of town visitors who are on vacation to come participate with the group. Allow me to add that I've seen this time and again and know it to be true.

Yes, it is true. Gold Coast is one of the friendliest dive shops in the state.

Awesome! Sounds great - I will PM you with my number just in case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom