South Florida Shark Diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

motogpfan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
We've been wanting to do a shark oriented dive somewhere in South Florida. Anyone know of a charter that specializes in that? We've seen them here and there but I want to be ready so I can try to get some decent pics. Thanks.

You posted in my dive club's forum. I'll ask a mod to move it to the public forum where you'll get replies.

The sharks are here for the winter!
Emerald Charters in Jupiter.
Blue Tang in Jupiter.
Jupiter Dive Center.
A little farther south,
Sandy's Sunday &
Little Deeper, Riviera Beach.
There are other boats to be sure.
Jupiter has your best consistent bet to see reefies, lemons, bulls, and nurse sharks in the winter.
Chug
Not the best authority on this area.

The sharks are here for the winter!
Emerald Charters in Jupiter.
Blue Tang in Jupiter.
Jupiter Dive Center.
A little farther south,
Sandy's Sunday &
Little Deeper, Riviera Beach.
There are other boats to be sure.
Jupiter has your best consistent bet to see reefies, lemons, bulls, and nurse sharks in the winter.
Chug
Not the best authority on this area.

As chug said, the sharks are here. If you want to be certain to see them, up close and personal, you or a friend just needs to spearfish on juno ledge....just one shot is supposed to be all you need, and often, you don't even need to hit a fish ( the bull sharks have learned what the sound of a speargun firing means....a form of Pavlovian conditioning :) )

Thanks, we just dove Juno this past weekend. You're right Dan, as soon as the spear gun went off here they came. Unfortunately I wasn't prepared like dumb ass so I missed the shot. But thanks for all the replies.

DanV
Cool on line Dive Journal!
South Florida Dive Journal > Home

Thanks. The SFDJ is a "soon to be promoted" product, of the better boats and best dive hotels in Palm Beach...a way to showcase why Palm Beach is the best Dive Resort Vacation spot in this hemisphere. We have MANY things to show over the next few months, to demonstrate the "why" of this :)
Still not quite ready with all the new features, or the addition of the top 3 Dive Resort Hotels section, but getting very close.
SFDJ was the FIRST magazine on the Internet--I created it in 1993, and ran it until around 2001....this is a new reincarnation of it ....

As to shark photos and videos, I will likely be going out with Little Deeper again next week, as I believe they are doing another Juno dive.....they allow spearfishing on the boat, and have several spearfisherman you or I can "follow" ....Once they shoot, we have a very short wait to have the guys in the grey suits show up --which should equal some good photo or video opportunities :) You might want to try this ...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom