I will be in St. Pete November 01-07 -- dive spots/boat advice please??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

11B3Y

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all you Conch Divers! I was rasied in St. Pete, but have never dived there....:( I plan on changing that next week! :)

I am going there on vacation and would really appreciate some advice. I dive a bp/wing setup and usually wear a 3/2 full wetsuit when I dive in the caribbean. Will that be enough for November Florida diving?

Where can I go diving locally? I am an easy going diver who enjoys just checking out the fish and reef. A wreck dive would be cool too, no penetration of course.

My certification level is PADI OW, AOW, EAN, and Drysuit. I have been diving off and on since getting certified in 1983.

Thanks for any input. Hope to see some of you there....

Thomas

Check out Aquatic Obsessions in the Tampa/Tierra Verde area. They do dive charters and are part of the local diving club. A definite wreck dive to do, if you can, is the Mexican Pride (120' max, I think). It IS pretty far out though, but one of the better wrecks I've dove and it has it's own resident population of Jewfish/er. Goliath Grouper there. If you've never seen a 300 lb animal, that is the place to look! It's one of those wrecks that you could do a few times and still discover something new...

Those Goliath grouper are supposed to be really tasty, aren't they? 300 pounds..... man, that's a lot of steaks and ceviche....

TropicalDiver --- I gave them a call and asked for a dive to the Mexican Pride. They are supposed to give me a call back.

Thanks.

I am a bit disappointed by the lack of response though ---oh well. Shrug.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom