Playing with the Go Pro Hero 2 and Head Mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dumpsterDiver

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Yesterday’s dives…. North of the Palm Beach Inlet….Playing with the head mount and the Hero 2 camera with a MAKO Flat lens… Got a few small fish for dinner, saw a couple of loggerhead turtles, no sharks! and caught the biggest lobster of the year.. too bad the season is closed..

Dive 4-28-12.wmv - YouTube

[video=youtube_share;Pza6K8c7EaQ]http://youtu.be/Pza6K8c7EaQ[/video]

... and caught the biggest lobster of the year.. too bad the season is closed..

Ditto on the bugs, they were all over the place and big ones too. Nice to see we have a healthy population in WPB. We had 45 ft of viz south of the inlet but only 30 ft north of the inlet. Dang sailboat races were going crazy driving over our flags. Guess the rules don't apply to them????

Yeah I saw all those boats to the south. We had 4 kt current on the surface in 190 ft to the north.

I'm looking at getting a Hero Pro as well. Was this just the head mount that they sell on the website or something special? Thanks!

It is just the basic simple head mount strap that comes standard with the outdoors version of the GP 2.. There are several other hardware pieces included in the package that you can use for hand mounts etc.

i've found that it is important to wear the head mount UNDER a hood, otherwise the mount can fall off.. you could also rig some sort of chin strap, if you hated hoods, I suppose.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom