Troy Springs/Madison question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmokeAire

Contributor
Reaction score
On my dive at Troy Springs last weekend I observed a diver pulling out a spike from the Madison's exposed ribs and even trying to pull a rib up. I do NOT condone such actions! I'm wondering what the legal aspect is of such action. Since there isn't a full time Ranger there I wasn't sure what to do.
Is the Madison a protected relic? Besides confronting the offending diver, which could have resulted in an unpleasant apre' dive activity, what other recourse did I have?

This type of vandalistic behavior could give divers a bad rep. and ruin it for the rest of us.

The Madison IS protected and in a State Park to boot. I would have found a ranger toot sweet. I remember that wreck from the late sixties. It has not changed much since. Not that there is much to change! :eyebrow:

NetDoc:
The Madison IS protected and in a State Park to boot. I would have found a ranger toot sweet. I remember that wreck from the late sixties. It has not changed much since. Not that there is much to change! :eyebrow:

Unfortunately there is only a rather aged volunteer working there that just goes around checking C-Cards. I'm not sure of their authority.

Yeah, thats too bad. If it continues, then of course no one will be allowed to get near it. Im not sure we can do anything however, except alert the rangers after the fact.

Here it is

wreck.JPG

One moron is going to ruin it for all decent divers. That's a shame. Maybe get a tag number and turn them in? :cussing:
Kurt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom