Solo in pompano next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zznola

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just set up with pompano dive center starting on Tuesday afternoon. I'm an OW diver with 23 dives so far. Want to start slow as I have some new equipment I'm getting used to so the first day he said would be around 35 ft. Will be a lot more comfortable after the first couple of drift dives, getting used to the current and all and have no problem going to 60-80 ft the rest of the week. Would also like to try my first shore dive from datura ave and there's a meet up group that does that. Anyway, I'll be solo,so if anyone wants to buddy up, just let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geez I guess I made it too irresistible. A whole 35 feet. Whoopdy friggin doo! Anyway,
I'll be out there!

35 feet is probably one of the easy reef dives i guess such as hall of fame reef as an example.

Geez I guess I made it too irresistible. A whole 35 feet. Whoopdy friggin doo! Anyway,
I'll be out there!

Depth is not the issue, there are lots SB regulars here in So FLA meaning they live here and more important they work here and you're diving during the week in the middle of the work day.
I can't dive during the week any earlier than 5:30 - 6:00 pm when I can. If you were diving on the weekend you probably would get more responses.

Enjoy your dives!

Depth is not the issue, there are lots SB regulars here in So FLA meaning they live here and more important they work here and you're diving during the week in the middle of the work day.
I can't dive during the week any earlier than 5:30 - 6:00 pm when I can. If you were diving on the weekend you probably would get more responses.

Enjoy your dives!

you said it best :) i work M-F 8:30-5 myself - and earliest i can get to LBTS after work is 6:30, allowing me a 1/2 hr to get something to eat... traffic on surface streets sux since work is way over in miramar.

although if you want a guided dive -- Scuba_Jenny may be available -- you'll learn a lot just by diving with her. payment would probably in currency or maybe good RUM :)

Enjoy your dives!

If you guys are working, how can you post, a SB break?

you said it best :) i work M-F 8:30-5 myself - and earliest i can get to LBTS after work is 6:30, allowing me a 1/2 hr to get something to eat... traffic on surface streets sux since work is way over in miramar.

although if you want a guided dive -- Scuba_Jenny may be available -- you'll learn a lot just by diving with her. payment would probably in currency or maybe good RUM :)

Ahh work. I see. Good answers. Thanks all. There's a charity dive this weekend at datura but I don't think they want it to be my first shore dive. Gonna contact them and work something out. Maybe Wednesday afternoon. May also take the drive up to the blue heron bridge. Otherwise, depending on their schedule i may just stay with PDC for the week and buddy up with whoever. I have a place to stay down here so I hope to do it all ! Eventually. First trip is this afternoon. Can't wait!

If you guys are working, how can you post, a SB break?

I never said I was working! But to answer your question, it is called multi-tasking which is a highly sought-after skill in the business world :)

I never said I was working! But to answer your question, it is called multi-tasking which is a highly sought-after skill in the business world

Yes, multitasking is certainly a valuable skill, my employer generally expects that I am doing work while being paid. Of course I do have some free time during the day :D

I get paid for what I know, not for what I do... And yes, I do get paid very little :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom