PERMIT LEDGE/FIRE CORAL CAVE, key largo, 7/28/14, pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
once again attempted to dive the wrecks/deep reefs, same old story, too much current! hot sunshine, calm winds, flat seas, the month of july has been terrific! MOLASSES buoy M1 x 2(eagle rays and lack of other boats/divers, most concentrated north to avoid current). mdt NE current, blue water, viz 50-70FT, water temp a toasty 86-87F @ 20-42FT. numerous schools of somewhat skittish eagle rays(most observed in nearly 2 years!), groupers, nurse sharks, permit, horseye jacks fishy. pics from TIMG,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• pl1.jpg
    pl1.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 96
  • pl2.jpg
    pl2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 91
  • pl3.jpg
    pl3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 94
  • pl4.jpg
    pl4.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 85
  • pl5.jpg
    pl5.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 89
  • pl6.jpg
    pl6.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 84
  • pl7.jpg
    pl7.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 99
  • pl8.jpg
    pl8.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 91
  • pl9.jpg
    pl9.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 86
  • pl10.jpg
    pl10.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 77
  • pl11.jpg
    pl11.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 94
  • pl12.jpg
    pl12.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 84
  • pl13.jpg
    pl13.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 85
  • pl14.jpg
    pl14.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 82
  • pl15.jpg
    pl15.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 89
Excellent shots as usual. I keep going back to #7 - lighting is perfect. Love the eagle rays and nurse shark as well.

Wife and I are headed down Thursday for about 10 days. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Beautiful photos Tim, too many good ones to say which I liked best, thanks

Thank you scubadada.

---------- Post added July 29th, 2014 at 09:49 PM ----------

Great photos!

I love this Nurse Shark photo!

Thank you SFS. What a puppy, we hung out for a little while, and I could tell he was comfortable with me. He was free swimming, stopped, sunk to the bottom, and I approached him, getting closer and closer, and he never moved. With the 10-17mm lens I was about 3 or 4 inches away from his snout.

---------- Post added July 29th, 2014 at 09:53 PM ----------

:acclaim:Very, Very Nice--Thanks!:acclaim:

Thank you Cajuncru Diver.

---------- Post added July 29th, 2014 at 09:54 PM ----------

Nice shots!! #7 looks like a Guy Harvey (sp?) painting!

Thank you sportxlh. Don't know if I'll ever reach the Guy Harvey pinnacle, thanks!

---------- Post added July 29th, 2014 at 10:00 PM ----------

Excellent shots as usual. I keep going back to #7 - lighting is perfect. Love the eagle rays and nurse shark as well.

Wife and I are headed down Thursday for about 10 days. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Thank you scubaguy655. Shooting strobes a 1/2 power (left - top on a vertical) and 1/4 power (right, low on a vertical). I have to give away an f-stop to shoot the strobes at lower power, but they recycle a lot faster than at full power and I like the effect. Plus with a wide angle lens is it easier to give away a small increment of depth of field for the softer light, and I can also adjust the shutter speed to regulate the ambient light.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom