Jupiter water tmps right now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading down this weekend tring to get an idea on some temps? Heard of some reports of low 70's. Need to know t bring the 7mm or not?

Mid 80's today out of West Palm Beach. Viz about 25 to 30.

Heading down this weekend tring to get an idea on some temps? Heard of some reports of low 70's. Need to know t bring the 7mm or not?
I can't imagine ever wearing 7mm in South Florida. Maybe a 5mm if there is a cold upwelling, but I've never worn more than a 3/2 in Jupiter WPB area. A few times in Fall/Spring diving I have been a little chilly, but never really cold.

Last weekend (8/23) we hit 72@80ft. I used a 3mm and was not too cold. My family used 5mm. Vis was poor, maybe 40' and snotty. Maybe this has changed with the weather passing through.

There have been ripping currents all along the coast recently, so the viz should improve shortly.
Also, there are pockets of cold water around, specially below 80-90'. I had 70 degrees at 104' last Saturday in WPB, but most of the dive the water was 82 degrees and air temperatures have been in the 90s.

I doubt you would want or need a 7mm.

I can't imagine ever wearing 7mm in South Florida. Maybe a 5mm if there is a cold upwelling, but I've never worn more than a 3/2 in Jupiter WPB area. A few times in Fall/Spring diving I have been a little chilly, but never really cold.

Well I can't imagine not wearing a 7MM in the winter in Florida!!! I guess guys that live in the snow have more tolerance for cold! :)

Rdrink: Usually a heavy wetsuit is not needed this time of year. If you have a vest to go along with your 3MM, bring it with you. A hood or beanie can help out too if the water ends up being a bit chillier than you expected. Like LowVis points out, sometimes there is a bit of a thermocline too.

Well I can't imagine not wearing a 7MM in the winter in Florida!!! I guess guys that live in the snow have more tolerance for cold! :)
70 degree water sounds pretty good! I think I hit 68 once in cold upwelling in WPB and that was uncomfortably cold for my 3/2. I've not been diving in the deep winter months in Jupiter but I thought my 3/2 was adequate for November. I guess I prefer a little chill to more weight and being restricted in movement. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Average 85 today. Got hot in my 3 mil. Many divers in shorties. Viz 60 to 70 with a lot of particulate in the water. Swells about 3 feet max. Did Mizpah. Goliath everywhere. Southern ray and Frogfish other notable sightings. And there was very little current.

---------- Post added August 27th, 2014 at 03:47 PM ----------

Last August here during an upwelling. Saw temps in the mid 60's. 5 mil plus hood and I still got cold.

Last edited:
Im not concerned for my self but for my wife who dives in her 7m in anything less then 80f.

---------- Post added August 27th, 2014 at 11:12 PM ----------

Any jellies out now?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom