8 Dives in 3 days with Conch Republic Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverAmy

Prism2 CCR Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We just did 8 great dives including the SG, Eagle, Duane, fire coral caves in Molasses, Davey/Crocker, and Davis Ledge. We had every weather and sea condition you could imagine from sunny, flat, and calm to stormy, rough, and current. On the day the diving was cancelled for weather we had a really lush indulgent spa day at Cheeca Lodge. We enjoyed some delicious meals and had Point of View RV Resort in Key Largo virtually to ourselves. This was an impromptu and sublime mini vacation in the Keys. What a great 5 days! Conch Republic is an excellent professional dive op.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! Any pics?
did you stay at a RV camp ground?
we have a camper also, I thought about bringing it down

We didn't bring a camera this trip. We stayed at the RV Resort mentioned in the OP. We have a 19 ft. conversion van. The RV park was really lovely and we were virtually the only guests. They have an infinity pool, docks, a boat launch, just a really pretty setting on the bay side. I don't think I would be very happy there in season in a crowd. I heard they were booked to capacity last winter.

I don't think I would be very happy there in season in a crowd. I heard they were booked to capacity last winter.
....................................Full of Yankees????.......I get nervous around them-------too..:)

We just did 8 great dives including the SG, Eagle, Duane......... We had every weather and sea condition you could imagine from sunny, flat, and calm to stormy, rough, and current.......

How was the current on the wrecks? I was down a few weeks ago and dove with CRD and Horizon and we had 0 current on the three wrecks you note. One could simply free descend and not touch the mooring line. I saw the crows nest on the Duane for the first time (usually way too much current). Thanks for the dive report

How was the current on the wrecks?

The Duane had a reverse current (from stern to bow) running at about .5 knot or a little more. The Eagle had about the same, perhaps a bit more, but the current is completely avoidable because of the wreck's orientation. The SG had less than half a knot, but that day the top was so lumpy, hubby was quite sea sick during the dive.

We are back in the upper keys for another week of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom