Headed to West Palm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THRASH

Contributor
Reaction score
Wife and I are heading to the West Palm area in a few days. Looking forward to some diving and possibly catch few lobsters.

Any restaurant recommendations? We are foodies. Seafood...or others?:)

If you enjoy "hole in the wall" type of places that the locals go to try the Brass Ring. It has character and the food is pretty good too.

Jupiter is just northeast of west palm and some really good places there too.

Brass Ring Pub

So if Jupiter, my wife and I love the food shack in Jupiter.

The Food Shack - Jupiter, FL | Yelp

By the way your avatar is my favorite old TV character. In fact we went to mount Airy NC as a short visit just because of Barney!

Enjoy your time in paradise and safe diving if you decide to get wet.

Last edited:
Okay cool! We definitely like the little spots the locals go to. We wouldn't mind driving to Jupiter either...no prob. Thanks!

Almost forgot. There is a divers direct off I-95 and Northlake in West Palm beach. It certainly couldn't hurt to go take a look. They have a good variety of tropical clothing (wife loves it!) and of course the dive gear is pretty cool too.

Thanks for the additional suggestion. Both places look great. Can't wait to show the wife. Barney is the best! I was watching some episodes this weekend in fact. One of the best shows of all time and possibly the best! Always enjoy watching them with my dad and reminiscing.

Correct....Probably the best of of all. And when Barney left......

Safe travels and best wishes for a memorable experience in our wonderful State of Florida!

This is my favorite restaurant nearest the "BHB" (Blue Heron Bridge).
Johnny Longboats
Everything is good to great!
My wife ALWAYS gets the "Cuban Sandwich", and I think it matches up with the best ones you could possibly get in "Little Havana".
Good local seafood.
Here is another choice, also very near BHB, and on the water just inside the inlet with both indoor and patio seating.
A little more expensive than Johnny Longboats, but well worth it.
Restaurant | Sailfish Marina | Where The Season Never Ends
And one more.....
The best south Florida "Cracker/Soul Food" fried chicken and fried seafood in a Palm Beach County.
They are a local chain scattered through Palm Beach County.
Buds Chicken & Seafood Restaurants.

Chug
Likes food and Barney, and has been to Mount Airy on my way to Lexington Virginia many many times for lunch.

Wife and I are heading to the West Palm area in a few days. Looking forward to some diving and possibly catch few lobsters.

Any restaurant recommendations? We are foodies. Seafood...or others?:)
When you say you are foodies, that would suggest to me that you like high end restaurants....The WPB area has some exceptional restaurants like this.....arguably the best Italian restaurant in Florida or the US is in Lake Worth...Paradiso..... People from all over the world visit Paradiso, and the "Rich and Famous" from the nearby Island of Palm Beach, do plenty of dining and entertaining of friends at this restaurant...

On Singer Island, the restaurant at the Marriott Resort & spa is excellent food, and amazing atmosphere and right on the water....
The Downtown Entertainment District of West Palm has a place called Clematis street, with over a dozen very cool restaurants and clubs.....Nearby is city Place, which is a huge entertainment Diistrict all by itself, though to me City Place is mostly lame due to all the corporate chains like cheesecake factory and bonefish grill type xeroidal and soul-less sell-outs....If you guys are foodies, West Palm downtown and Lake Worth should be a target rich environment for you :)

Leftovers has similar food to the Food Shack but I like the atmosphere a little better: the seating is not quite as crowded. If you drive a little further north on US1 to Tequesta, Hog Snappers is a good place too.

For atmosphere I like Guana Bana's in Jupiter: the food is decent but not top notch like those above but the tiki/tropical setting can't be beat.

I like Brass Ring for burgers as well..... Grease in downtown WPB also has good burgers.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive on one of the days you're here........ My wife and I like going down to Lincoln Road on Miami Beach and simply walking around to find a cool place to eat. Most places have sidewalk seating and there are many many many choices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom