Halloween Double Dip at Night on the Spooky Spiegel Grove!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ODie Hammerhead

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
:pumpkin::skull:Halloween Night Double Dip at Night on the Spooky Speigel Grove!:skull::pumpkin:

We're diving the Spiegel Grove on Friday Night October 31st.
Charter will leave at 5:30 pm for a twilight dive and then stay in the water for a Halloween Night Dive!

Join ScubaBoarders Capt. Jim Wyatt, Netdoc, mselenaous, and the fun crew at Ocean Divers
for some spooktacular night diving among the Ghosts of the Grove.
Prizes will be awarded for diver costumes!

:goingdown:Recreational and technical/rebreather divers welcome.:goingdown:

Call the shop at 800-451-1113 or buy your ticket online!
Don't miss out on this!!!

But who will give the kids their candy while everyone is busy diving?

I'm bringing my ghoul friend.

Wish I could join in on this one! Have fun Elena.

Bueller, Bueller, anyone, anyone?

Hey all, we need a few more divers to make this :gans: filled trip fun (& run).

bermuda-underwater-halloween-2010-3.jpg

Please join us, 'cause I've never dove the Speigel at Night & I really really really want to go. :ijs:

Bueller, Bueller, anyone, anyone?

Hey all, we need a few more divers to make this :gans: filled trip fun (& run).

bermuda-underwater-halloween-2010-3.jpg

Please join us, 'cause I've never dove the Speigel at Night & I really really really want to go. :ijs:

So as yet you haven't got a quota of divers? I may call the shop tomorrow. I was thinking of using Friday as an excuse to finally mingle with the neighbors that I've hardly introduced myself to over the past four months, but I picked my costume with the idea of taking it on a dive and hey, this sounds like fun.

Question - for the "Artificial Reef Medallion" that the website states is required, it's just the usual pony up an extra $10 for the fund, correct? I've never been out with Ocean Divers before and I'd be a little miffed if I was told I can't go because I haven't taken some uber-special wreck course for a site I've been diving since it was tipped over sideways.

So as yet you haven't got a quota of divers? I may call the shop tomorrow. I was thinking of using Friday as an excuse to finally mingle with the neighbors that I've hardly introduced myself to over the past four months, but I picked my costume with the idea of taking it on a dive and hey, this sounds like fun.

Question - for the "Artificial Reef Medallion" that the website states is required, it's just the usual pony up an extra $10 for the fund, correct? I've never been out with Ocean Divers before and I'd be a little miffed if I was told I can't go because I haven't taken some uber-special wreck course for a site I've been diving since it was tipped over sideways.

The website I think needs updating as the medallion is no longer required. The funds collected were used to retire the debt from sinking the Speigel Grove (paid off finally last spring).
It's a nice collectible and hopefully the fund collected now will help add more artificial reefs/wrecks in the Keys...cause they are very very popular with divers.
As for certs, at a minimum AOW with some experience on wrecks, deeps, and night since that AOW class...and hopefully Nitrox. Dive computers are required.
Dive to YOUR level of training. Some divers will do a deep dive, 1 hr surface interval, and another deep dive. Other divers will do one long tech dive with doubles or rebreathers.
Just tell the Captain & crew your dive plan AND DIVE YOUR PLAN.

:easy:

The website I think needs updating as the medallion is no longer required. The funds collected were used to retire the debt from sinking the Speigel Grove (paid off finally last spring).
It's a nice collectible and hopefully the fund collected now will help add more artificial reefs/wrecks in the Keys...cause they are very very popular with divers.
As for certs, at a minimum AOW with some experience on wrecks, deeps, and night since that AOW class...and hopefully Nitrox. Dive computers are required.
Dive to YOUR level of training. Some divers will do a deep dive, 1 hr surface interval, and another deep dive. Other divers will do one long tech dive with doubles or rebreathers.
Just tell the Captain & crew your dive plan AND DIVE YOUR PLAN.

:easy:

Good to hear. I'm used to the Palm Beach area's more laid-back operators these days, so in the Keys I realize I'm entering a different environment. I just did a double dip on the Spiegel with Horizon Divers last Friday; I was with a group that was looking to view a lot of the ship and find stuff like the "Top Dog" insignia. Personally I don't find that as interesting; I like wreck dives more for the life they accumulate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom