Cruise Ship Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buck3647

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Seeking those who like us have found using cruise ships as a taxie to the next dive site a nice perk to living in South Florida. Currently 11 days Dec 4
CatalinaTahitiWeb.jpgDSC04182.jpg
St Lucia
St Thomas
St Martin
Barbados
St Kitts
Martinque
Great Stirrup Cay
$700 balcony Holland America

We always plan to get in as many dives as possible at each port usually not with the ship tour unless necessary. more at our site PortaBote, Sun-Mar composting toilets

i am not a cruise ship diver i am a diver that cruises.....

I like that phrase... I'm sure I'll use it this coming week. If the weather is not bad I'll be diving in St. Marteen and St. Thomas from the NCL Getaway.

We mostly cruise to dive destinations--We will be on a Princess 5 day to Grand Cayman and Cozumel late this month. Going to try the ship trip as we have $400. in room credits. We are also thinking of doing another a week or 2 after this one. An NCL 7 day to western caribbean with 4 dive stops.......We did a week on MSC a few months ago--very nice ship!

We do it every cruise. Dove Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Dominica, St. Thomas and Bahamas.

looking to do 14-Night S. Caribbean cruise on Celebrity. 9 ports of call. All good diving. We use the cruise ship as our "live aboard". We love it. We take our own gear (except weights and tanks). Another great reason to live in Florida... It's only a 2 hour drive to Miami.

I'd like to but the demands of family time come into play. Cruising is a great way to entertain non-diving travel mates (such as spouse and children). Some of the non-diving excursions have provided exceptional memories.

The downside of cruise diving is you don't get to dive a lot at one place, so you may not 'get to know it' well, but the upside is you can hit a range of places in a fairly short time. Kind of like a sampler plate. Cruising is a good way to get a quick look at an island before committing to it for a week. A way to 'scout out' places a little, I suppose.

Richard.

Another great reason to live in Florida... It's only a [-]2 hour[/-] 20 minutes drive to Miami.

There! Fixed that for you :wink:

It can be far less expensive than flying, book a hotel, rental car, etc. etc.. Your time on the ground is limited but you can make it work for somethings. The low rates often available make this a good way to get over for diving, kiting, whatever conditions support. I recently did a last minute UW commercial shoot on a Stuart Cove shark dive and took a ship over to do it. Things worked out very well with lots of good content as I took down a bunch of cameras to nail various angles during the feed. For other types of shoots it may not work as well.

10451709_10152150610968199_5922785271600277694_n.jpg

944219_10151523498713199_1185272483_n.jpg

Just learned there is a wreck close to this spot by the jetty.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom