MOLASSES REEF, KEY LARGO x 2, sunday, 10/19/14, pics,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
fantastic topside conditions @ molasses reef today; light N/NE winds, seas <1ft, sunny skies. too much current for the deep sites, so we elected to double on shallow molasses southern buoy M20(deep south, permit ledge/fire coral cave). mdt current, blue water, viz 60-70+ FT, water temp 83/84F @ 25-35FT. we had this portion of the reef to ourselves both dives. overall fish life was really amped up! as good as it gets here: numerous eagle rays observed throughout both 90 min dives, goliath, black, Nassau, red and a rare marbled grouper. super fishy! less coral bleaching than our previous dives and sporadic moon jellies(thick @ times). TIMG provides the pics,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 109
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 96
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 95
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 87
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 92
  • m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 87
  • m7.jpg
    m7.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 94
  • m8.jpg
    m8.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 81
  • m9.jpg
    m9.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 81
  • m10.jpg
    m10.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 89
  • m11.jpg
    m11.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 97
  • m12.jpg
    m12.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 83
  • m13.jpg
    m13.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 87
  • m14.jpg
    m14.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 75
  • m15.jpg
    m15.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 81
WOW! What great sightings :D WONDERFUL pics Tim. Now you guys really have me wishing I was there!!!

WOW! What great sightings :D WONDERFUL pics Tim. Now you guys really have me wishing I was there!!!
Thank you CajunDiva. reefman found the marbled grouper.

It's been a couple months since I've been on Big Pine. Seeing Reefman hangin' there all comfy really has me "jonesing." Good to see conditions, especially the jellies have cleared up a bit. As always, TimG, your photos are great. Still waiting for the coffee table book. :D

It's been a couple months since I've been on Big Pine. Seeing Reefman hangin' there all comfy really has me "jonesing." Good to see conditions, especially the jellies have cleared up a bit. As always, TimG, your photos are great. Still waiting for the coffee table book. :D

on our way in yesterday,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• molasses reef.jpg
    molasses reef.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 135
Excellent pics, Thanks for sharing

Thank you Diver43.

---------- Post added October 22nd, 2014 at 11:59 AM ----------

Thank you AdivingBel. Ebooks are on hold, I am working with a software development team on several projects, one of which is for coral restoration. That is taking up all available time right now.

Gorgeous series of Eagle Ray shots, particularly #1. One of the few things I don't see in Boynton Beach is Eagle Rays, you make me miss them all the more. Thanks for the pics

Good diving, Craig

Gorgeous series of Eagle Ray shots, particularly #1. One of the few things I don't see in Boynton Beach is Eagle Rays, you make me miss them all the more. Thanks for the pics

Good diving, Craig

craig, we observed more eagle rays on these 2 dives than we've encountered on all the other dives since January , combined! a few schools numbered 6+ and as with most eagle rays, they were skittish(I suspect we encountered the same rays more than once). spotted eagle ray sightings for us have been few and far between this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Good diving, Craig

Thank you Craig. As reefman said, been sparse for us this year with eagle rays, and very shy. This one came towards me, and I stayed motionless as he approached. Any movement in their direction usually makes them turn away quickly.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom