Fill Express...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Winters

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
...It looks like they went OOB. Their website just said that they were closed and thanks for the support. Their Wastebook page shows that they're open from tonight (Wednesday) through Sunday selling out the shop inventory. If you have an air card, you can spend the balance in the shop.
Good luck with all that.

Yeah, sorry to see them go. I was by there tonight getting some gear at a good price and cashing in my aircard. Now where is the best place for me to get a decent fill at a decent price in the Pompano area. I've been going to Fill Express since they opened and I don't have a clue now where else to go.

Yeah, sorry to see them go. I was by there tonight getting some gear at a good price and cashing in my aircard. Now where is the best place for me to get a decent fill at a decent price in the Pompano area. I've been going to Fill Express since they opened and I don't have a clue now where else to go.

I'm in the same boat ... at least Didier was stand-up enough to say "can't let you do that" when Santa called a few weeks ago for my Christmas fill card.

There's the Force E on Federal and a shop I've never been to: Scuba Dive Shop Coral Springs on Sample in Coral Springs. And closer to my work Divers Direct. But all charge per tank - not psi.

I was never in that shop, but I got the impression they were super busy, professional, and gave very good service.

Was I wrong.. or what happened? You would think the business itself would have enough residual value to allow it to be sold, even if the current management "had enough"?

A dive shop cannot exist on cheap air fills. Would be curious to see what income came in from classes/gear sales and if lack of income from classes/gear sales contributed to closure.
OR did the owner just choose to retire? I f they chose to simply retire from a successful ongoing business I would think they could have found a buyer.

They were asking quite a bit of cash for it.

I asked last night and was told they weren't making any money, they weren't losing money, but not making any.

I thought I would go to the Force E on Federal today and see how they treated me.

This is sad news... I would drive all the way out to FE from way out west to get my tanks filled, inspected, hydro, gear serviced, bought gear and even took classes from them because of their top notch service. I guess I didn't spend enough.

I need to cash out my fill card. :(

This is sad news... I need to cash out my fill card. :(

Didier is being more than fair. He's matching dollar for dollar merchandise for the balance on your fill card. If you want to pay cash everything in the store is 50% off. But better hurry, I was there this morning and things are already getting picked over. He's open til 7pm tonight and 9a-7pm tomorrow, 7a-9a Monday. (Still regular winter store hours for now). He sold part of his compressor equipment to be shipped out Monday so if you want one last fill, better call first.

Nobody home Sunday; Nobody home Monday. Any further news?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom