Shark Court for Randy Emerald Charters Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjnjupiter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
As you may be aware, I was cited by the FWC last February for allegedly feeding Sharks in State Waters. We've spent a year going back and forth and finally headed to trial this mornng for Jury selection. Yep, jury, 5 day trial and big thousands of dollars to prosecute a class 2 misdemeanor. Same as operating a vehicle with an improper tag or driving a motorcycke without an endorsement. "Why don't you just plead guilty?" Im asked. Because Im not guilty. The exact position where I was cannot be reiably determined. I believe this trial is about Shark Feeding. Yes, I feed sharks. I take hundreds of people out to experience the peace and majesty of these Hollywood malaligned creatures. EDUCATION IS THE BEGINNING OF CONSERVATION. Ill try to keep you posted on the trial. Lets use this post to exchange ideas about Shark Feeding. Avoid the hatred and lets see if we can learn something from each other.

If the exact position cannot be reliably determined, and they will need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you were in state waters, why are they even prosecuting?

Randy, ScubaBoard stands behind you, er swims with you! Don't let the FWC sharks stop us from having fun.

Here's the big problem. The no shark feeding ban was enacted back in 2001 (ish) as a knee jerk reaction to the Summer of the Shark. It is the stupidest thought out piece of crap legislation ever conceived in the sunshine state. Up until now, NO ONE has been prosecuted under this law, because they (including Randy) are all smart enough to do this outside of State limits.

Unfortunately, haters be hatin. Jealousy and pettiness got together and demanded that the State take jurisdiction where it had none. So now, Randy has had to pay out tens of thousands of dollars to defend himself from all this pettiness. I can't tell you how many fidiots don't see this as the state meddlin' outside of it's boundaries and even then it's a stoopid law to begin with. Normally, I'm a fan of the FWC, but they are trying to take down one of the best captains in Florida and truly one of the good guys in our sport.

So please, please, please, help Randy out by going to Save a Shark Defense Fund by Randy Jordan - GoFundMe and helping our brother out! I remember when I was sued by fidiots and I certainly needed the financial help y'all gave me. We're in this together!

.. EDUCATION IS THE BEGINNING OF CONSERVATION. .

Best quote ever !!

---------- Post added January 13th, 2015 at 08:19 PM ----------

If the exact position cannot be reliably determined,...... why are they even prosecuting?

Almost every dive in Jupiter is a drift dive. My longest drift dive is 1.9 miles on a single tank and a ripping 5 knot current. It is a known fact that GPS signals can not penetrate to 85 foot deep on the ocean floor.

Why prosecute? Tip O'niel said it best, "All politics is local". Today the state's side blinked.

Good luck Randy! I've dove with you a few times and it's obvious that you truly love diving and care about sharks. Give them hell.

As a show of support, we will dive with you in March when we are down there.:D
Call early. An unintended of the Shark Jihad has been good for Randy: his boats are fuller than normal.

As you may be aware, I was cited by the FWC last February for allegedly feeding Sharks in State Waters. We've spent a year going back and forth and finally headed to trial this mornng for Jury selection. Yep, jury, 5 day trial and big thousands of dollars to prosecute a class 2 misdemeanor. Same as operating a vehicle with an improper tag or driving a motorcycke without an endorsement. "Why don't you just plead guilty?" Im asked. Because Im not guilty. The exact position where I was cannot be reiably determined. I believe this trial is about Shark Feeding. Yes, I feed sharks. I take hundreds of people out to experience the peace and majesty of these Hollywood malaligned creatures. EDUCATION IS THE BEGINNING OF CONSERVATION. Ill try to keep you posted on the trial. Lets use this post to exchange ideas about Shark Feeding. Avoid the hatred and lets see if we can learn something from each other.

Randy, my "knee jerk" reaction when you began the feeding, was negative, and I said some things I regret now, as I have learned much more about the entire issue.
Today, I totally support what you are doing, I think what you are doing is good for Palm Beach County, and good for sharks....and I wish you the best outcome in this trial.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom