Dive operators in South Beach Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teddy Ngo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
going to be in Miami in July and we want to do a dive from South Beach, any dive operators out there that you recommend?

Seems like most dive shops dive with RJ diving, any shops dive with a different boat?

Thanks

No boats from Hollywood to Virginia Key.
I think there are only three boats left in ALL of Dade County at this point.

Chug
Likes Hollywood to Jupiter.

No boats from Hollywood to Virginia Key.
I think there are only three boats left in ALL of Dade County at this point.

Chug
Likes Hollywood to Jupiter.

I don't think that's quite correct, unless RJ's has moved off of South Beach since last I checked. But yes, there's not a lot of options in Miami-Dade County. Anyone know why?

Anyone know why?

The diving sucks. (I'm just saying.)

---------- Post added January 27th, 2015 at 01:18 AM ----------

Dennis Whitherspoon... voted Tallest Midget

tallest_dwarf-300x247.jpg

The diving sucks. (I'm just saying.)

I get that impression, yes. The better dives I've done in Miami like Tenneco Towers tend to be up towards the Broward County line in any case. Then again, I've been spoiled rotten by Jupiter diving the past few years - I hit the Keys and say "pretty corals, nice little tropicals ... where the hell are the big critters?" I also have to wonder how much of a damned mess the Port of Miami dredging is making.

This trip is going to be for a bachelor party and the bachelor wants to do one wrack dive, I presume some where south beach and one dive in Key Largo.

Divers Paradise off Key Biscayne I can highly recommend. RJ's has a reputation....just do a google news search for them

Divers Paradise off Key Biscayne I can highly recommend. RJ's has a reputation....just do a google news search for them

I have read about their reputation. Is it overblown, correct, or are they worse than what we read about?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom