Blue Heron Bridge at night or during the day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in West Palm Beach next week and will have time for a night dive and potentially a one tank dive the next morning before some scheduled meetings. Can anyone recommend whether I should plan to dive Blue Heron for both dives, or if I should try to find a boat that is going out for the night dive? Is Blue Heron worth diving at night and during the day?

I will be in West Palm Beach/Wellington about once a month for business, so I should be able to experience a few dives in the area in time.

Thanks!

It is well worth a night dive, one of the best you'll ever do, but only if the slack high tide is at night and only if a local shop is sponsoring a night dive: the park is closed after dark unless you have a permit which the shops have. Check with Force-E and Pura Vida. Sometimes they post in the Blue Heron Bridge Trolls thread or call one of the shops. If you look at the photos in the BHB Trolls thread, you'll also see it is worth diving in the day as well.

Force-E is hosting a night dive next Tuesday (the 3rd) and there is a diveable morning tide on the 4th.

Not sure if I know any boats that do a 1 tank trip on a weekday morning....that might make your decision there.

Force-E is hosting a night dive next Tuesday (the 3rd) and there is a diveable morning tide on the 4th.

Not sure if I know any boats that do a 1 tank trip on a weekday morning....that might make your decision there.

ScubaClub does a fair number of 1 tank dives, but they are the only one that I know of....... RezClick - The Scuba Club: Calendar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom